cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up customized shuffle selections

jayfeder
Local Performer

I just want to play songs shuffled from one station but Pandora is playing songs chosen form all of my stations. How do I restrict it to one or a selection of stations?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jayfeder Nice to see you around the Community. 

You do have the option to select only certain stations to play in Shuffle Mode. 

Customizing Shuffle stations on a computer:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

Customizing Shuffle stations on mobile:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

Happy shuffling! 🎶

0 Kudos

-Michael-
Local Performer

Incorrect.  I don't see a pencil icon and i can't uncheck anything on the collection page.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @-Michael-. 👋

Thanks for posting about this! Looks like you enabled a complimentary Premium session recently, and that you're using an Android device.

Editing Shuffle from an Android:

You can edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List.

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Plus listeners, press and hold the Shuffle stations option at the top of your Station List.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, you can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.
  • Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos