cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing content by email/mobile

SharonD
Opening Act

There used to be an easy way to send (share) a station by sending an email link to the email that the recipient uses for Pandora. Now, it seems the only option is to share to Facebook or Twitter.  If I "copy link" the recipient says it just takes her to Pandora.com and not the specific station.

I want to send my favorite station to a friend with a Pandora account.  How do I do that?  And why was that option removed?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
62 Replies

Turdering
Local Performer

I have been using Pandora for almost 8 years. Months ago my friends switched to Spotify. But I still stick to Pandora, due to its clever algorithm and perfect music library. I don't know when you remove the option for sharing playing items onto both Facebook and Twitter with single click. 

That is to say, in the past, I can share what I'm listening to with click the share button once, then it pop out a mini window with Facebook and Twitter's checkboxes, which can allow me to share items to the aforementioned platforms simultaneously.

But this feature is gone.

And like I mentioned, many of my friends are switching to Spotify, Apple music, and YouTube music. I still use Pandora, which helds me up to ridicule from my friends and makes it difficult for me to find someone to start a Pandora premium family plan... 

I hope you can provide a platform for those huge fans like me to share a Premium Family plan easily and we don't have to be relatives in reality. Like we can start a DIY group buying on Pandora site, and it's open to other people for them to join in the plan. You can't force real family member to use Pandora, but you can find like-minded cyber friends to do so, and more importantly, they are your loyal customers. Or maybe I think I'll abandon Pandora someday. Because I started a YouTube premium family plan with my ingress-mates days ago, and I'm adapting to it.

If you can't figure out more creative sales options, the loyal users may go away eventually...

My subscription ended days ago. but I have found any chance to chip in to subscribe to  Pandora Premium Family Plan, so haven't renewed it so far.

Mot

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Turdering Nice to see you around the Community.

Sharing content on Pandora:

You should still be able to share content to both Facebook and Twitter.

To share content from your mobile device:

It's often easiest to share a song, station, album, playlist, podcast or artist by searching for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

Then tap the name of the song/station/album/playlist/artist/podcast* and tap Share.

From here you'll be able to share your content either through your messages, through social media channels like Facebook, Twitter or via email. You can also select Copy Link for a direct link to the content you've selected. If you don't see a social media option you'd like to use, make sure that you have the social media app downloaded to your device.

*What content you're able to share may depend on your subscription level.

To share content from the web:

You can share content from our website via your Facebook or Twitter account, or by copying a link to share online.

To share what's currently playing on Pandora, either hover your cursor over the album art, or click on the ellipsis (or three dots) for that item. Select Share. From here you can post to a connected Facebook or Twitter account, or select Copy Link to share a direct link instead.

If you need help connecting your Facebook or Twitter account to Pandora, let me know.

Please note that you will only be able to share content via Instagram Stories or Snapchat from your mobile device.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Premium Family subscription:

To clarify, you don't technically have to be relatives in order to share a Premium Family Plan.

Pandora Premium Family Plan offers all of the features of Pandora Premium to up to six unique Pandora accounts. 

So if you were to upgrade your account to Premium Family and become the main account holder, you'd be able to invite and add up to five other people to the plan.

If you'd like to upgrade to Premium Family, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

Turdering
Local Performer
Pandora is a niche compared to other streaming platforms. It's hard for me to find a friend around who's willing to chip in Pandaora Family Plan with me, so why doesn't pandora provide a platform for people to chip in a family plan?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Turdering While that isn't an option, I recommend creating a Feature Request for your suggestion here if you'd like to see that available on Pandora.

Hope this helps!

jasonesposito
Local Performer

Is there a way to share all the Stations I have collected in My Collection with another Pandora user?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jasonesposito I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share your music with another person.

Hope this helps! 

TRS
Local Performer

How can I get Pandora to send a push notification from my account to my friend who is logged in to my account from her phone. When she clicks the notification, I want a certain song to play. Is this possible? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TRS I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share your music with another person.

If your friend is upgraded to Pandora Premium, they should be able to play that track immediately after clicking on the link you share.

If they are using the free service or upgraded to Pandora Plus they will need to initiate a Premium Session in order to listen to the track.

Hope this helps! 

TRS
Local Performer

That wasn’t really my question. I don’t want to share to another account. I want to send a push notification to another device. When she gets the notification, I want a specific song to play. 

if push notifications play when the next song plays, can I put it in the queue on my device so it will send her a notification when it plays? Thanks!!!

0 Kudos

Brittany32
Local Performer

Yes all you have to do is send it to her by email or messenger.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TRS Thanks for following up.

That is not currently a feature, however if you'd like to see this option available on Pandora, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

Ciamaria
Local Performer

I have been developing an awesome Playlist for over a decade. And I have been playing it for all my clients during their tattoo procedures. I've even named my station, but its not accessible for my clients to find and tune in!! Is there a way to do that? They always request to hear my "station" mix!!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ciamaria I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

While there isn't a way for someone else to search for your specific station or subscribe to it, you do have the option of manually sharing it with them.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share your station with another person.

Hope this helps!

Papa_ramsey
Local Performer

How do I transfer my Playlist from my old account to my new one?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Papa_ramsey I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

What you can do is sign into your old account, and then share whatever stations you want to add to your new account via email.

You can then add those stations to your new account.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share your stations via email.

Hope this helps.

MusicFan3425
Local Performer

How to Share with the world ? Or just my friends. my radio stations

@MusicFan3425 good Sunday morning, I have written this in detail two different times, so I will make it a third for you.

At your Pandora home page in your "Collections" click on the Playlist or Station that you wish to share, using your cursor hover near the bottom of the Playlist or Station you have selected, you will see "More" and three small dots under More, click on those three small dots. If you selected Playlist these are the options you will see "Add to Playlist, Delete Playlist, Share" if you selected Station you will see these options "Remove from your Collection, Share" once you click on share another small box will appear, in that box, you will see Facebook, Twitter, Copy Link, choose the one you want to use. If you click on Copy Link then at the top right of your screen click on your user Icon then select community to go to Pandoras online page, once their select Listener Lounge then select Music + Podcasts from there you can select New Post when you box appears select the paper clip icon a white box will appear in the Url simply right click then choose paste in the next box that says Text to display just click with your mouse, you can leave it as it is or you can highlight it then hit backspace and type in the name of your Playlist or Station, once you have finished that you will see at the bottom right of your box Cancel, Ok click on Ok

And that is how you do it, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan3425 I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

Thank you to @MOHLovesAlaska for sharing those instructions!

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share your stations via mobile as well.

Hope this helps!

Grayswolf21
Local Performer

How do I share a song to someone on Google chat?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Grayswolf21 I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share content with another person.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos