cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing content by email/mobile

SharonD
Opening Act

There used to be an easy way to send (share) a station by sending an email link to the email that the recipient uses for Pandora. Now, it seems the only option is to share to Facebook or Twitter.  If I "copy link" the recipient says it just takes her to Pandora.com and not the specific station.

I want to send my favorite station to a friend with a Pandora account.  How do I do that?  And why was that option removed?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SharonD Nice to see you around the community.

To share a content via email from your mobile device:

The easiest way share a song, station, or album is to search for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

Then tap the name of the song/station/album and tap Share.

From here, you'll be able to share your content either through a text message, through social media, or via email.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To share content via email from the web:

From the Now Playing screen:

1. Hover your cursor over the album art.
  2. Click the ellipses that appears underneath the Album art
  3. Select Share located at the end of the menu
  4. From there you can copy the link if you'd like to share it via email.

From the Song/Artist Details Screen:

Click the Share button located to the right of the Play button at the top of the screen.

You can select Copy Link to share a direct link via email.

For more information on how to share content from your collection on Pandora, you can view this help page article.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

62 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SharonD Nice to see you around the community.

To share a content via email from your mobile device:

The easiest way share a song, station, or album is to search for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

Then tap the name of the song/station/album and tap Share.

From here, you'll be able to share your content either through a text message, through social media, or via email.

To share content via email from the web:

From the Now Playing screen:

1. Hover your cursor over the album art.
  2. Click the ellipses that appears underneath the Album art
  3. Select Share located at the end of the menu
  4. From there you can copy the link if you'd like to share it via email.

From the Song/Artist Details Screen:

Click the Share button located to the right of the Play button at the top of the screen.

You can select Copy Link to share a direct link via email.

For more information on how to share content from your collection on Pandora, you can view this help page article.

Hope this helps!

SharonD
Opening Act

Thank you, Adam, this worked!  What I was trying to do originally is copy the URL in the address field instead of using "Copy Link."  Also, it's a bit confusing when choosing "Share" to see only Facebook and Twitter prominently displayed.  In the past, I had the option of sending the station via email by providing an email address.  Change is confusing.  🙂

Merry Classical Christmas Station!

Sharon

flyboy35
Local Performer

How can I send a sample song to my friends via E-mail ?

Moderator Edit: Format

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@flyboy35 I moved your post to this thread as I provided some helpful tips on how to share stations in my message above.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

flyboy35
Local Performer

Thanx to ALL Y'ALL !

mtim289a
Local Performer
Coming back to music and Pandora after a 4 year hiatus. We used to be able to share songs either by email or FB. What happened to this feature? Did it just disappear?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mtim289a I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

You can still share content via email or Facebook.

To share what's currently playing on Pandora on a computer:

Either hover your cursor over the album art, or click on the ellipsis (or three dots) for that item. Select Share. From here you can post to a connected Facebook or Twitter account, or select Copy Link to share a direct link instead.

If you need help connecting your Facebook or Twitter account to Pandora, let me know.

Please note that you will only be able to share content via Instagram Stories or Snapchat from your mobile device.

To share content from your mobile device:

It's often easiest to share a song, station, album, playlist or podcast by searching for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

Then tap the name of the song/station/album/playlist/podcast* and tap Share.

From here you'll be able to share your content either through your messages, through social media channels like Snapchat, Instagram Stories or via email. You can also select Copy Link for a direct link to the content you've selected. If you don't see a social media option you'd like to use, make sure that you have the social media app downloaded to your device.

*What content you're able to share may depend on your subscription level.

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

djzisa
Local Performer

Can another subscriber copy one of my stations to her account?

TannerPandora

Hi @djzisa! Thanks for posting! I moved your message over to an existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

Check out @AdamPandora accepted solution here for steps on how to share your station. 

If you run into trouble or have any other questions, feel free to let me know. 😁

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Samuraiboo
Local Performer

Is there a way to share my stations with my wife?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Samuraiboo I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share your stations.

Hope this helps! 😎 

randykayaks69
Local Performer

pandora  doesnt  let  me  send  private messages anymore  when  i wanna  share  a  song  in private messages, its  says attachment  not  found

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@randykayaks69 You should be able to share content with other users. 

To share what's currently playing on Pandora on a computer:

Either hover your cursor over the album art, or click on the ellipsis (or three dots) for that item. Select Share. From here you can post to a connected Facebook or Twitter account, or select Copy Link to share a direct link instead.

If you need help connecting your Facebook or Twitter account to Pandora, let me know.

Please note that you will only be able to share content via Instagram Stories or Snapchat from your mobile device.

To share content from your mobile device:

It's often easiest to share a song, station, album, playlist or podcast by searching for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

Then tap the name of the song/station/album/playlist/podcast* and tap Share.

From here you'll be able to share your content either through your messages, through social media channels like Snapchat, Instagram Stories or via email. You can also select Copy Link for a direct link to the content you've selected. If you don't see a social media option you'd like to use, make sure that you have the social media app downloaded to your device.

*What content you're able to share may depend on your subscription level.

Let me know how it goes.

Lonestarhads
Local Performer

Can I move my music and stations to another account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lonestarhads I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share your stations from one account to another.

Hope this helps! 

Lonestarhads
Local Performer

Thanks - was wanting to delete the original account

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lonestarhads Once you've shared your stations over to your new account, you should be able to delete your old account by following the steps listed on this page

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 

ktruelove
Local Performer

How do I make Pandora send a message to the person I wanted to send it to you to tell them what I'm listening to?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ktruelove I moved your message over to this existing thread: Sharing a station by email/mobile

Check out the accepted solution to this thread here for instructions on how to share your music with another person.

Hope this helps!