cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Shuffle: Shuffle All gets stuck on one station

Saavedro88
Opening Act

For the past several days I've been having an issue where Shuffle All will work properly for a few songs in a row, but then all of a sudden it will get stuck on one station. So like this morning so far, my station shuffle has gone: 
Breaking Benjamin -> Hyper Potions -> Alpha Rev -> Bring Me the Horizon -> Sons of Bill -> Sons of Bill -> Sons of Bill -> Sons of Bill -> Sons of Bill 
I've gotten around this by just opting to listen to one station, or Autoplay or something like that, but I miss being able to shuffle all stations. Am I alone in this issue? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
31 Replies

JoshBranJones
Diamond in the Rough

Likewise, it just happened to me again moments ago. Listening via my Google Home /iPhone, and all of a sudden I realized that I'd only heard country for the past 3 or 4 songs. So I skipped ahead 10 songs (Pandora Plus), and they were all still Country songs. (Mind you, I have 60 different stations, and only 5ish of them should play country music.)

Again, when this issue occurs it seems to usually be with the same stations. This time, presumably my "JBJ Country" station again, for the 5th or 6th time.

I again "fixed" it by selectively shuffling a few stations, skipping a bunch of songs, and re-selecting "Shuffle All". It's working again...  for now.

0 Kudos

Saavedro88
Opening Act

I work in a large warehouse, so I'm not always near my computer when it's playing music, but I basically leave Pandora running all day. I don't know how many instances I've missed, but I'm experiencing one right now- 12:44 Eastern Time, my last 5 songs have all been from my "Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers" station. 

I'm not sure if you still want us to report these or not, I haven't been keeping up, I apologize. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JoshBranJones Thanks for following up.

I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team as well.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saavedro88 No need to follow up with additional reports of this happening.

Your initial feedback has already been escalated to our engineering team for further investigation.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Saavedro88
Opening Act

Thank you Adam. Will I be notified once a fix has been implemented?

JoshBranJones
Diamond in the Rough

I wanted to share that I've newly noticed a nuance of this bug.

Again, my shuffle is most usually getting stuck on either my "JBJ Christian & Gospel" or my "JBJ Country" stations.
So I tried shuffling those two problem stations together.
And, lo and behold, after a couple songs it would get stuck on one station or the other. And no matter how many times I skip, or leave shuffle and come back, it's unable to mix the two stations for more than 1 or 2 songs. Pandora always gets stuck on one or the other, endlessley.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue with a select few of their stations being the culprit? 

0 Kudos

JoshBranJones
Diamond in the Rough

And alas, a new culprit! My “JBJ Cuba” station just repeated 7 songs in a row.
(Interesting how it’s also ways been my stations that start with “C” for me.)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JoshBranJones Thanks for the detailed information.

To save you some time, there is no need to follow up with additional reports of this happening.

Your initial feedback has already been escalated to our engineering team for further investigation.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Saavedro88
Opening Act

Adam, are we making on progress on this issue? The past couple of days have been worse than ever! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saavedro88 Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any additional information or a timeline as to when you can expect to see this resolved. 

However, the info you've provided is helpful and I've made sure to pass it along. I've also made a note regarding your experience. 

Thanks again for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

NeoBlakkrstal
Opening Act

What is happening is that the app will get stuck on one station for multiple songs, seems to be 5, before switching. So, it isn't that shuffle isn't working, it's that it is NOT working properly. Today I got 5 songs in a row from Brian Setzer, then 5 songs in a row from Visions of Atlantis, then it switched again. What I want is for it to randomly select a different station each time. I understand that occasionally you might get 2 in a row from the same station, random is never actually random, but 5 in a row is a bit much don't you think?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 08/07/23:

Hi everyone!

I am updating this thread to let you know this issue should now be resolved.

I will be blocking this thread from future replies.

If you are still experiencing issues, you can create a new thread in the My Collection space.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos