cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song limit in collection?

mvarilek
Underground

Apologies if this has been addressed before. But I am a refugee from Spotify, where I liked enough songs (in other words saved them in my collection) that I reached their maximum limit of 10,000 songs. After that, you can no longer save anything, and therefore no longer continue teaching the app your music preferences. Nowadays I'm back to Pandora, and absolutely loving it, especially the genre specific soundtracks, something no other service really offers. But as I am saving new tracks that I find on those soundtracks and through Pandora's other excellent recommendations, I'm getting nervous about whether I will hit a similar upper limit on how many songs I can save to my collection? At present I'm just over 5,000, and wondering if I need to be judicious about what I choose to save. Thanks in advance for your help.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Geminight To clarify, your thumbs don't replace eachother when new ratings are provided.

With that being said, we use all of the feedback you've given on the station (all the Thumbs and any additional seeds) to determine what to play next. If you want to hear more songs by a particular artist, review the Thumbs and seeds you have added. To improve your stations, make sure each of the Thumbs Up or seeds you've added fit with the type of station you want and remove those that don't.

To edit your station on the web, go to My Collection, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

Then:

1. You can remove a station seed from your station by scrolling down to the Station Created From section. You can delete a particular seed by tapping the ellipsis (or three dots), or by hovering over it and selecting Delete.
  2. To delete a thumbed track, scroll down to the Thumb History section of this page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed Up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs Down, click on the Thumbs Down icon. Next, either select the ellipsis next to the Thumb or hover your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu. As before, select Delete.

Now you should hear more of that particular artist in the station, though we do limit the number of songs by a particular artist played each hour due to licensing agreements.

As for the Thumbs or seeds you removed, keep in mind that you can always create new stations based on those songs or artists.

Hope this helps. Thanks so much for listening! 🎶

View solution in original post

8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @mvarilek Welcome to community! 👋

Just wanted to clarify your question. Are you asking if there is a limit to using your thumbs or a limit to how many songs you'll be able to save in your collection or both? Sorry for any confusion on my part. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mvarilek
Underground
Thanks, Tanner. My original question was just about any limit on the number of songs I'm able to add to my collection. But now that you mention it, I would love to know if there's any limit on thumbs as well. Thanks very much.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@mvarilek There is no limit on thumbs, you can thumb up and down as much as you like. 

Off the top of my head I'm not entirely sure if there is a limit on the number of songs that can be collected. Let me investigate and I'll get back to you. 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Geminight
Local Performer

I'm also interested in hearing back about this please because I feel like pandora is replacing my oldest thumbed tracks with the most recent ones. At least it seems like it in the 2 stations which I listen to most frequently.

Thanks 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Geminight I'm happy to look into this for you - what is the name of the station you are having trouble with?

Also, to clarify, is your main issue dealing with repetition of songs playing on your station?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Geminight
Local Performer

The station which I'm talking about specifically is my Thievery Corporation Radio station. What I'm trying to figure out is if Pandora replaces my oldest thumbed up songs with newest ones due to any thumb up limits? The reason why I'm asking is because I feel like I haven't heard many of the songs which I used to get years ago and dont remember thumbing them down. I do appreciate hearing the newest thumbed up tracks more often but I still want my other tracks too. Thank you for your help with this. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Geminight To clarify, your thumbs don't replace eachother when new ratings are provided.

With that being said, we use all of the feedback you've given on the station (all the Thumbs and any additional seeds) to determine what to play next. If you want to hear more songs by a particular artist, review the Thumbs and seeds you have added. To improve your stations, make sure each of the Thumbs Up or seeds you've added fit with the type of station you want and remove those that don't.

To edit your station on the web, go to My Collection, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

Then:

1. You can remove a station seed from your station by scrolling down to the Station Created From section. You can delete a particular seed by tapping the ellipsis (or three dots), or by hovering over it and selecting Delete.
  2. To delete a thumbed track, scroll down to the Thumb History section of this page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed Up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs Down, click on the Thumbs Down icon. Next, either select the ellipsis next to the Thumb or hover your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu. As before, select Delete.

Now you should hear more of that particular artist in the station, though we do limit the number of songs by a particular artist played each hour due to licensing agreements.

As for the Thumbs or seeds you removed, keep in mind that you can always create new stations based on those songs or artists.

Hope this helps. Thanks so much for listening! 🎶

shawnhblake
Local Performer

Hi.  Can you please answer the question regarding the maximum number of songs that can be added to a collection?  Not concerned about the number of thumb up actions.  I cannot see how many songs are in my collection (similar to how I can see how many songs in a playlist).  I also do not know if there is a limit.  If there is no limit, I guess it does not matter how many have been collected.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos