cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song repeats on station after thumbing it down

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I won’t start another thread. But I do not understand thumbprint radio. I thumb downed a track 5 times, and 5 times it kept repeating the same song. I made the mistake and gave it a thumbs Up when I meant to hit the thumb down. But after several times of thumbing it down, I don’t want to see or hear the same song repeating over and over again. Thank you Pandora, please help me. 😃

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 I created a new thread for you as this sounds like a different issue.

I'm happy to look into this further, but am going to need some additional information before I can do so.

To clarify, did the same song played 5 times in a row even after giving it a thumbs down? Or have you just heard it 5 different times in the same listening session?

Also, can you please write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred: Thumbprint Radio
  • The name of the artist.
  • The title of the track that is repeating.

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 I created a new thread for you as this sounds like a different issue.

I'm happy to look into this further, but am going to need some additional information before I can do so.

To clarify, did the same song played 5 times in a row even after giving it a thumbs down? Or have you just heard it 5 different times in the same listening session?

Also, can you please write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred: Thumbprint Radio
  • The title of the track that is repeating.

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Hi Adam, 

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons: Lets hang on. 
The song played, 5 times. But every other song. 
It would play, I would thumb it down. Than another song would play. After that song, Frankie Valli would come back on again with the same song I thumbed down. 
It was on Thumbprint Radio, and as said. It happened 5 times. 
I think Miss Pandora is playing games with me. 😃

Thank you Adam. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Thanks for following up.

I took a look at your Thumbprint Radio station, and it doesn't appear any tracks have been thumbed down on that station yet.

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing:

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 7.25.49 AM.png

With that being said, it is strange that the particular song you mentioned played every other song during that listening session.

I had our support team enable a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

The next time that track plays on your Thumbprint Radio station, please make sure to give it a thumbs down.

If it continues to repeat on that station even after giving it a thumbs down, please make sure to reply to this thread and let me know.

Thank you for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

That’s strange you’re not seeing that. Bear in mind, I am following someone else. 
So maybe you were looking that their thumbprint radio. 
I know I have thumbed that song down five times  I even got the message saying they won’t play this track anymore. Thanks for looking into for me, and your help is much appreciated Adam! 👍😊 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 It sounds like you may be logged into a different account than the one that is connected to your community profile.

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you via email to further assist with this as they will have more visibility into your account details and station.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Thanks Adam, that’s also strange. I only have one account with you. Thanks for helping. What I have noticed, And I don’t know why. My community user name is different than my Pandora radio user name. I don’t know if that helps. 😊

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Always happy to help. 😄

I'll make sure to pass this additional feedback along to them as well.

Thanks for being a part of the community! :pandora:

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

👍😊

JennieC
Local Performer

I am having a similar problem. I am trying to create a playlist for an upcoming party. I commute 2 hours a day for work, so I am working on it in the car. In apple car play, you can only thumb a song once. Many, many songs that I gave a thumbs down keep playing, in the same station, there is not an  option to thumb it again. Its very frustrating and quite frankly annoying. If I give a song a thumbs down, I would think it would go away and not show up again. Any thoughts on this?  Thank you 🙂 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @JennieC. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening during your listening sessions. I can share this information with our engineering team for you. 

Can you please write me back with an example of the following?

• The name of the station(s) where this occurred: 
  • The title of the track that is repeating

Thank you for your help with this. 🎧

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos