cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs getting replaced with version in a different language

Conrad00
Underground

I’ve thumbed up english versions of Sabaton songs, a swedish band. Now pandora plays songs titled english version, that I have thumbed up, but they are swedish. The songs have gotten mixed.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Conrad00. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

• Which station does this happen on?
  • Have you noticed it with any other artist?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Conrad00 If possible, please send us a screenshot of an example as well.

Thanks for working with us on this! 🤝

0 Kudos

Conrad00
Underground

I’ll send the photo next time it happens

Conrad00
Underground

My Rise Against station.

No I have not.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Conrad00 Sounds good!

We'll keep an eye out for your message. 👍🏽

0 Kudos

Conrad00
Underground

NOtenglish.PNGThe album is titled Carlorus Rex(English Version). Its not in English, I think Swedish. 

0 Kudos

Conrad00
Underground

I went and replayed that song from the album and its still Swedish. I also remembered Poltava another song from the album being in Swedish, and it was when I checked. I think I remember other albums being effected, but not sure. At the very least it seems like this album is improperly labeled. It wasn't always this way, the songs have my thumbs up from when they were in English.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Conrad00 Thank you for sending this over.

I have escalated your report over to our engineers so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for all your patience with this in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

dustensalinas
Local Performer

Has there been any resolution?  I'm constantly getting substitutions in my thumbsup playlist.  Example - Sail - Awolnation has now been replaced by 

Sail
Mark Midnight - Runaways.

I assume this is now just a feature if rights are lost or something?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dustensalinas To clarify, does the song Sail by Awolnation look like it is playing, however the audio is actually for Sail by Mark Midnight?

Can you please send me a screenshot/screen-recording of what you are seeing if possible?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Crayshack
Local Performer

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this or not.  I have a song on one of my stations that was originally the English version of the song and I gave it a Thumbs Up as such but not it has switched to playing the Spanish version.  It appears to still be labeled as the English version so this seems like an archive error.  The full song title is "Savages - Pt. 2 (From "Pocahontas"/Soundtrack Version)" since the screencap failed to capture it all at once.

Savages in Spanish.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crayshack I've created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos