cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs wont play

k11kitchen
Local Performer

I have premium and certain songs on my playlist won't play. They are not radio versions. I will click the song and it won't play and go to the next song on my playlist. Anyone know why it does this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @k11kitchen Sorry for any trouble. Have you tried deleting and then re-adding the song to your playlist to see if this will help?

Let me know how it goes. Thanks for posting to community! 🎶

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

silverzeus
Underground

This exact thing happens so often your suggestion of deleting and redownloading nearly ALL MUSIC becomes quite tedious.  It's looking like the least time consuming option will be going to one of your competitors... We'll see if you fix your streaming service before our patience wears out.

Haverfordwest
Opening Act

@silverzeus Are you saying this happens to all your music on your all your playlists?

This has happened to me actually, usually it's one or two songs on maybe 2 playlists. I delete and add again, takes like 5 seconds, they work again. 

0 Kudos

silverzeus
Underground

All playlists on all devices... iPhone XS, ipad2(no surprise on this ancient device), wife's iphone 11, pc(where I posted my initial reply), and wife's MacBook Air.  Seems more random than anything.  Sometimes everything is fine, sometimes it's constant effort to listen to anything.  Reception doesn't seem to matter either because this issue happens ALL THE TIME with music I've downloaded first.  As I posted my initial reply the last song, Light, on the KIWANUKA album... would. not. play.

Haverfordwest
Opening Act

super odd. I can't speak to that. I use Pandora on my iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro and haven't had that many issues with my playlist other than the occasional hiccup. 

0 Kudos

silverzeus
Underground

I'd settle for odd.  Pandora was the original algorithmic music service, and my family have put a ton of time into these playlists.  I love pandora, but enough is nearly enough

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@silverzeus I'd be happy to look into this furhter with you. You mentioned this happens on these devices:

• iPhone XS
  • ipad2
  • wife's iphone 11
  • pc
  • wife's MacBook Air

However, you also mentioned it happens with your downloaded content. Downloading content for Offline Mode is only an option on mobile devices - not computers. 

To clarify:

• Are you having issues with Offline Mode, or with your playlists (while connected to wifi/mobile data) not playing music?
  • Also, is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  • Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Thanks for all your help with this. 

0 Kudos

silverzeus
Underground

The offline mode was a bit confusing.  I wasn't sure if 'collecting' a song/album/playlist downloaded it on anything other than our phones.  We've 'downloaded' hundreds of songs on our phones for offline mode in areas with poor cell coverage or flights.  I'll speak to mine specifically though, because I'm attuned to fine details.  My wife will just check out or laser focus on what she's doing and disregard what the music is doing.  Anyway, yes, offline mode on my phone will work for most, or some, songs then just stop randomly, or skip to the next or next next next song...  This has happened since I upgraded to your premium service I don't remember how long ago.  It's happened chilling in our neighborhoods or backyards away from wifi.  It's happened driving all over the western US.  As for PC, the reference I made about attempts to listen to that KIWANUKA song was on my PC.  The new Tool album has been up and down as well.  I mention those two because they're the most recent albums I've been listening to.

I've been a craftsman avionics technician for many years, so please know I'm not a lazy troubleshooter.  Cookies have been cleared, various incognito modes attempted on various browsers, browser/pandora apps closed/deleted/reloaded, pc/phones restarted, different connections downloaded/stream attempts made on various public/private wifi, unlimited at&t AND verizon data plans, hard lines.  Sometimes, if not most of the time, it works perfectly with no issues and I feel like we get what we pay for!  ...I didn't bother replying because it works great though.  Your reward for the product working well, when it does, has been our money.

Since I've gone into detail ad nauseum I don't see how a screenshot of a song skipping to the next would help, but sure.  Next time it happens I'll screenshot the equalizer effects musical dots moving whilst the timer remains at 0:00 if you think it'll help.  I'll even see if I can get a sound output window and task manager window in the screenshot if/when it happens on my pc again...

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@silverzeus Thanks for following up.

I would like to report this issue you are experiencing on your iPhone to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone XS
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Settings & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In regards to the issues you are experiencing on the web/desktop app:

I have passed all of your feedback along to our engineers so they can look into this further. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

ubernde
Underground

I haven't had any help yet....I want to listen to my music!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ubernde Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Anahswitzer
Local Performer

I have this exact issue with songs on a playlist not playing (As described by @silverzeus).  I also have pandora premium. Please let me know how this problem can be resolved, as I am tired of deleting the songs and re-adding them to my playlist. This is not a true solution.  Otherwise, I will soon switch to a competitor who does not have this issue. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anahswitzer Nice to see you around the community. 

To clarify:

• Are you having issues with Offline Mode, or with your playlists (while connected to wifi/mobile data) not playing music?
  • Also, is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  • Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for all your help with this. 

0 Kudos

blue_eyez1976
Local Performer

That is what is happening to me. I have tried on both the web version and my desktop app. When I select a playlist it tries to play a song, goes to the next song and does this over and over till I get a pop-up "We're having trouble playing the audio on this device" We can't load media right now. This is commonly caused by overzealous add blockers or privacy extensions. Please check that your browser extenstions are not blocking our audio and refresh the page. If you continue to see this error you should contact support. 

I have refreshed and gone through all of the steps on the support site. It seems stations will play as long as I don't skip. I also get the same thing if I try to search for a song and play it. 

0 Kudos

JhonnywithaD209
Local Performer

I have the same problem

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JhonnywithaD209 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos