cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing music across multiple devices

daleslad
On the Rise

If I shuffle a playlist using Pandora on my computer, will it also shuffle that same playlist on my other devices using Pandora.    

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Always nice to see you around the community.

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

So when shuffling a playlist on your computer, you won't actually be able to hear that same shuffled music on another device simultaneously.

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

For now, the only way to get the same stream to play in different locations is to play Pandora using a system that groups multiple speakers through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Some examples of these systems include Sonos, Chromecast, and Amazon Alexa devices.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Always nice to see you around the community.

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

So when shuffling a playlist on your computer, you won't actually be able to hear that same shuffled music on another device simultaneously.

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

For now, the only way to get the same stream to play in different locations is to play Pandora using a system that groups multiple speakers through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Some examples of these systems include Sonos, Chromecast, and Amazon Alexa devices.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Adam,  that's not exactly what  I had in mind.    I was thinking being able to shuffle a playlist on my computer and then listening to that same playlist later on my iPhone, and the playlist  would have already have been shuffled to match the recently shuffled playlist on my computer.

As a continuation of this question, when you shuffle a playlist does it stay in the newly shuffled sequence  until it is re-shuffled again.

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Thanks for clarifying that with me.

Unfortunately no - if you shuffle a playlist on a computer, and later switch over to your phone, that shuffle sequence will not carry over.

Instead, a new shuffle sequence will start on your phone if you try and shuffle that same playlist.

If you'd like to have that same shuffled sequence carry over across devices, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion. 💡

Hope this helps! 

jhg
Local Performer

Hello, Please clarify: I pay for a Pandora sub.  Does this mean I will not hear ads on any of my devices or does the sub only cover one device?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jhg. 👋

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

This also means if you sign into different devices, you should not hear advertisements as long as you're signed into the same exact account. The subscription is associated with your email address and the device you're using doesn't impact your ad-free subscription.

If you're hearing ads, or need further assistance, feel free to let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos