cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitions to AutoPlay in the Middle of Playing My Thumbs Up Playlists

Mythman80-
Underground

Hi,

I’ve posted a few times before. I’ll be as detailed as possible. First my Thumbs Up playlist had disappeared. Then had been restored. Then hundreds of songs had gone missing from it and had “seemingly” been restored. Now the new issue(s) is that my Thumbs Up playlist will not play without inadvertently switching to Autoplay after each song or if I manually try to skip a song. I had to turn Autoplay off and switch the playlist to SCRAMBLE mode for it to even play. Lastly, songs that I liked over the past week are invisible. What do I mean by that? Well, the songs are only VISIBLE for a few seconds while the Thumbs Up playlist does that “updating” thing it does when you first open it up. Then the songs disappear. But I know they’re there because I can see them if only for a few seconds. This app has some serious bug issues and I hope you guys are working on it and will provide an update that will fix these issues. I’d like to get what I’m paying for when I use this service. I’d appreciate a reply, 

Thank You! 🙏🏾

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies

RaconteurTT
Local Performer

Hi. I cant find my thumbs up playlist anymore, I had to redownload the app after it kept glitching and now it’s gone.

I found it but it’s still broken. All of the songs are in the wrong places and it goes to autoplay when it reaches the misplaced songs

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RaconteurTT @Mythman80- Nice to see you around the Community.

I have created a ticket regarding the issue with your My Thumbs Up playlist transitioning to Autoplay.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as our engineering team looks into this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Mythman80- Regarding tracks that are no longer showing in your My Thumbs Up playlist, you'll need to give them another thumb up or re-add them manually to your playlist.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Mythman80-
Underground

Hi Adam,

In response to your last reply, I tried BOTH things you suggested. That did NOT work. My Thumbs Up playlist is still scrambled and new songs that I’ve liked are NOT appearing on the list. So that suggestion is not a solution to the problem. The problem isn’t on MY end at all. So it NEEDS to be fixed on your end. Or the engineer’s end. Sorry to sound demanding, but this has been persisting for almost a week for me and from what I can see, it’s been the same or longer for others. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mythman80- Please follow up with:

• the names of some of the tracks you gave a Thumbs Up to yesterday that aren't appearing on your My Thumbs Up playlist'
  • the names of the corresponding stations those tracks were given a Thumbs Up on

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Mythman80-
Underground

Hi Adam,

Here’s a small list of the tracks I have a thumbs up in the past week or so. 

Held by East Forest

Revelation by Lorne Balfe (Assassin's Creed Revelations) 

Still Gone by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (Gone Girl Soundtrack)

Menta by Alessandro Cortini

Gloria by Alessandro Cortini

All of these tracks were from the Autoplay station that’s linked to the Bird Box Soundtrack 

As I said, I can see these tracks for a second before they disappear. And that’s only a handful of songs I liked in the past month that are missing. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mythman80- The issue with tracks missing from your My Thumbs Up playlist was related to the initial thread you reported this on.

While a majority of the tracks on your playlist should have been restored, it is possible that any new Thumbs Up ratings you gave within the last week or so will still be missing.

This being said, I do see the first three tracks you mentioned are showing on your My Thumbs Up playlist:

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 5.21.27 AM.png

Regarding the other two tracks you mentioned (as well as any others that are missing), you'll need to give them another thumb up or re-add them manually to your playlist.

If you give those tracks a Thumbs Up today, or in the future and they still do not appear on your My Thumbs Up playlist, please reach back out and let us know.

We apologize for any inconvenience around this.

0 Kudos

Mythman80-
Underground

E4FDD75F-1960-4B05-92FE-50032D1C7CF9.png

Hey Adam,

In reference to your screenshot. Not sure if you’re looking at a laptop screen or not, but that’s not reflecting on the app on my iPhone. What you’re seeing on the screen is what I see on my screen for only a moment, then they disappear. This is what I see when I open up my Thumbs Up playlist. See photo) AFTER those tracks disappear. It won’t update further than Conta. As you see here. I’ll make sure to like a few tracks today to see if they appear at the top of the list. If not, I’ll message again. Thank you! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mythman80- Yes - the screenshot I sent over is what I see when accessing your My Thumbs Up playlist from the web.

If you have a laptop or computer, would it be possible to try accessing your account on that device to see if you are able to fully load your My Thumbs Up playlist there?

In the meantime, definitely keep track of any tracks you give a Thumbs Up to today, as well as what station they were given a Thumbs Up on.

if they don't appear on your My Thumbs Up playlist after giving those Thumbs up ratings, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let me know.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Mythman80-
Underground

Hi Adam,

So I accessed my account on my laptop and it appears the songs I liked in the past week and a half are there. There’s still some scrambling of the songs, but most of them are holding in the proper order that I gave them a thumbs up. 

However, that is still NOT reflecting on my iPhone. The app on there is still a mess. And the songs are still not visible. And that is still coupled with the issue of the Thumbs Up playlist not playing properly and transitioning to Autoplay spontaneously. 

0 Kudos

Mythman80-
Underground

The app on iPhone needs a serious update to fix these issues. 😑

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following with that.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps which can be found here: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, I would like to report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

Mythman80-
Underground

Hi Adam,

I’ve gone through the trouble  shooting steps. They did not work. My Thumbs Up playlist still won’t update past Conta. Everything I gave a thumbs up after that is still not appearing on my playlist, including the songs I liked the other day. I can see them on my web account, but not my phone. As I said, they’ll appear for a quick moment, then literally disappear. Also, the playlist is still transitioning to Autoplay spontaneously. So with that, I’ll provide the info you asked for…

• iPhone 12 Pro

• Carrier (Verizon) 

• iOS version 14.7.1

• Pandora version 2106.1 

This problem persists whether I’m connected to WiFi or using cellular service. 
At this point, these ongoing issues with playability of my Thumbs Up playlist and the tracks being invisible are all I have. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mythman80- Thanks for following up with that information.

I have created a separate ticket for this with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they look into these two issues you have reported.

0 Kudos

Mythman80-
Underground

Hi Adam,

No problem. I’ll wait to hear an update. Hopefully this problem can be thoroughly fixed. 

Mythman80-
Underground

Hi Adam,

Just received an email asking if my problem has been solved. Which prompted me to ask myself if there are any updates on this issue? The problem is still persisting on the iPhone app. Let me know! 

Thank You! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mythman80- Unfortunately, I do not have any updates for you at this time.

However, I have just sent you a private message - please take a look and reply there if you have any questions about that.

0 Kudos

Kristinkemp55
Local Performer

I have been having the same problem the last few days and it is super annoying!! How can this be fixed? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kristinkemp55 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps which can be found here: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, I would like to report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

Mythman80-
Underground

Hi Adam,

Been a while. Any updates on what’s being done to fix the issues that we’ve addressed recently? As of now, my thumbs up playlist (on my phone app)  is STILL missing the songs I’ve liked in recent weeks and is STILL transitioning to Autoplay in the middle of playback. Literally nothing has changed. Quite simply, I’d like my playlist on my phone app to match the one on the web, and to play through without transitioning to Autoplay. Basically I’d like it to operate without issue like it did a month and a half ago. Please hit me back! 

Thank You! 

0 Kudos