cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play full album while on Premium Access

Gizmo1995
Local Performer

Random songs drop while listening to an album, happens after every 4th or 5th song. Extremely aggravating! Have autoplay turned off. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gizmo1995 It looks like your account is currently set up with the free service.

The ability to listen to a full length album is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

It looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to your regular service automatically at the end of the session.

This would explain why you weren't able to make it through the full album - your account reverted back to the free service when the session was over.

Hope this helps explain!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gizmo1995 It looks like your account is currently set up with the free service.

The ability to listen to a full length album is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

It looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to your regular service automatically at the end of the session.

This would explain why you weren't able to make it through the full album - your account reverted back to the free service when the session was over.

Hope this helps explain!

bbcr8ability1
Local Performer

I am trying to listen to an album. Yet when one song stops playing instead of going to the next song on the album it skips to another artist or stops all together.  I do not have "shuffle" selected.  How do I just play an album?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bbcr8ability1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to play full album while on Premium Session

It looks like your account is currently set up with Pandora Plus.

The ability to listen to a full length album is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

ubernde
Underground

somehow Igot cutoff from Pandora...I miss it and I want it back

How can I get reinstated?

listened too long to a new album and I got cut off.  Now I would like to get Pandora back again

Please let this happen.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ubernde I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to play full album while on Premium Session

It looks like your account is currently set up with the free service.

The ability to listen to a full length album is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain!

valz11
Local Performer

I am trying out the 30-day Free Trial Upgrade. When I play an Album, after the fifth song it kicks me off and starts playing a radio station. Why does it do this, and does it continue to do this if you have a paid subscription? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@valz11 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to play full album while on Premium Session

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

JulieFH
Local Performer

Why does my Pandora revert to a song on one of my stations in the midst of playing an album when there are three more songs left on the album?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JulieFH I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to play full album while on Premium Session

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

coneflower
Local Performer

why can't I choose and play a complete album with Pandora Plus? If it's because I have to download the album, why, and  how do I do that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@coneflower I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to play full album while on Premium Session

This would explain why you weren't able to make it through the full album - your account reverted back to the your regular service when the session was over.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

coneflower
Local Performer

Thank you, Adam Pandora.  I 'm  completely baffled by Pandora since I paid more than $50 for Pandora Plus recently.  I'm now able to do less than I could with the free version that I had for years.  You said that I've reverted back to the free version, but I've paid for Plus.  Can you resolve this problem?  And clarify what it is I am able to do with Pandora Plus besides just not listen to ads? With the free version I used to be able to enter the name of an artist and create a station with some of the artist's music plus similar music. Now I  can't even do that.

Thanks for your help,

Carol

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

My apologies, @coneflower.

I've corrected my error - your account reverted back to your regular service (Pandora Plus - not the free version).

Also, you can still create stations with Pandora Plus based off of a specific artist - however, you won't be able to play specific songs or albums by that artist on demand.

Check out this thread for instructions on how to create a station: How to create a station

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

crabjack
Local Performer

Looks like I need a different service

0 Kudos