cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove Howard Stern podcast

H00k
Local Performer

Fix this issue. I’m about to unsubscribe after like 10 years. I don’t want to hear Howard stern every time I open my pandora. And I never even added his podcast As I don’t listen to podcasts. Marketing ploy? greedy devs?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
15 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @H00k. 👋

I completely understand where you're coming from.

I would recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jdsudy
Local Performer

I also have the same issue. Howard stern starts up when I open pandora. I checked My Collections and I have zero podcasts saved. 

im going to try to clear the data as mentioned above,. I hope that helps.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@H00k @Jdsudy If possible, can you please send me a screenshot/screen recording of the Howard Stern podcast that plays when you open Pandora?

Thanks for all your help with this. 

0 Kudos

Lgvbammbamm
Local Performer

4C7D319D-DC87-4671-A82B-6194234727CC.png

5BAAEC80-6B33-4028-A48F-765462528FA0.png

This keeps playing on its own and I never added ANY podcast. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lgvbammbamm I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for your help with this! 

0 Kudos

mclaughk4
Local Performer

I have same thing. Stern/ Aniston interview. I would never subscribe to a vile podcast like stern. If I can’t delete this a—holes Podcast, I’ll get my music elsewhere. Fix it please.

Moderator Edit: Format

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mclaughk4 We believe this issue has now been resolved.

Can you try signing out of the app, and then signing back in to see if that helps?

If you continue to experience issues with this, please send us a screen recording of what is happening and we will be happy to look into this further. 

0 Kudos

Crm1107
Local Performer

This morning a podcast suddenly appeared and played in my Pandora I have not added it into my collection nor do I want it.I have tried the communities recommendation for removing such playlist and it does not work mainly because I do not have a checkmark to remove it Also it seems to be the same podcast that has been talked about on the community..Please assist in removing this material I teach and I do not need to have this on my playlist suddenly playing in my classroom, also explicit filter does not work in removing this material

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crm1107 I merged your post to this thread since it sounds like you are also getting that Howard Stern podcast.

If you haven't yet already, I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here.

If this doesn't help, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the podcast that is playing?

0 Kudos

Jenkalb
Local Performer
Agreed. Heeey from a man I find gross every hour is worse than the tide commercial. About to go to iheart

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jenkalb To clarify, Is that Howard Stern podcast also playing on your device without you ever actually adding it to your collection?

If so, I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here.

If this doesn't help, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the podcast that is playing?

TinaHill
Local Performer
I’m about to delete this **ahem** as well. If I don’t find a solution. The same **ahem** keeps playing and it’s so annoying I would rather switch to a different music streamer. It would be one thing if I actually wanted to listen to it but to be forced is pissing me off. I don’t even like Howard stern. Fix it

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TinaHill Our engineers are looking into this, but they need a little more information in order to get it fixed.

Please through the troubleshooting steps listed here.

If the Howard Stern podcast continues to play after running through those steps, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos

Nateman
Local Performer

Adam how do you need more information. It doesn’t matter what device it is forced on every pandora account. You clearly don’t want to fix it. 

Do not sign out than back in!! If you have any podcasts saved they all get deleted

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nateman Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Howard Stern podcast:

This actually should have been resolved back in March.

To clarify, are you unable to remove the Howard Stern podcast from your collection?

If so, can you please send me screenshot of what you are seeing?

Podcasts get deleted after signing out/signing back in:

This should not actually be the case.

To clarify, did you recently sign out of the app/website, and when you signed back in some of your podcasts were missing?

If so, what are the names of some of those podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos