cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to remove "Trendsetters" and other Suggestions on For You page

joedenton
Local Performer

Hello,

I'm setting up a phone for my elderly inlaws and am trying to make it as simple as possible for them.

Opening the app, the first thing that comes up is "Trendsetters: Artists on the Rise" which is not of interest to them.  Next, there are other links unrelated to their interests or background.

Their collection is all the way at the bottom and this is likely to confuse them.

I've looked on the desktop settings and phone settings, but don't see a way to curate or turn suggestions off.  I tried to reach customer support, but had trouble with the chatbot.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joedenton Thanks for your feedback.

While there isn't a way to remove that content, as your in-laws begin and continue to collect stations/content, and listen more, the For You tab will learn to provide more personalized recommendations for them.

Since their accounts are still new, they are still being served more general content.

If you'd like to have the option to remove that content immediately upon account creation, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joedenton Thanks for your feedback.

While there isn't a way to remove that content, as your in-laws begin and continue to collect stations/content, and listen more, the For You tab will learn to provide more personalized recommendations for them.

Since their accounts are still new, they are still being served more general content.

If you'd like to have the option to remove that content immediately upon account creation, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

joedenton
Local Performer

Thank you.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @joedenton.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

AlSorensen
Local Performer

Having the same exact issues myself, and this is nearly a year later. The suggestions being shown are a joke and nothing my parents want to see, let alone hear, and the fact there is not a single way to curate the artists or songs being shown is ridiculous. It has gotten to the point where I would rather cut my losses on the time and energy wasted here and just switch to a more user-friendly platform like Spotify. The fact anyone subjects themselves to Pandora's terrible song recommendations along with an extremely poor UI and difficult functionality is mind-boggling. Thank you for nothing Pandora. ❤️

0 Kudos