cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/16/2019: Apple TV playback stops

TannerPandora

Pandora Update - 11/22/2019: Thank you to everyone who posted on this issue.

We've received confirmation from listeners in this thread that it has been fixed. I am now closing this thread as resolved. As always, if you experience this issue again, please let us know. 

Pandora Update - 11/14/2019: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

Our engineering team has rolled out a fix. Please try again and let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your time and patience. Hope to hear from you soon. 🎧

Pandora Update - 10/16/2019: Some of our listeners have reported that their Apple TV will stop playback after the latest Apple TVOS update. 

We are aware of the issue and will provide updates in this thread.

Thanks for your patience! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update - 11/14/2019: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

Our engineering team has rolled out a fix. Please try again and let us know if the issue has been resolved.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies

EatinPonies
Local Performer

After the AppleTV upgraded to TVOS 13, Pandora will not keep the Apple TV on after the sleep time occurs. Many are having this same problem and have tried the typical steps already: rebooting, resetting to factory, reinstalling Pandora, signing out and back in... 

0 Kudos

zammikiel
Underground
same problem here... just Apple TV app.
0 Kudos

zammikiel
Underground

I think I figured out the BUG.

On Apple TV pandora app does not over ride the sleep timer on Apple TV.

i.e. if you have the sleep when inactive for "X" minutes it will let the Apple TV go to sleep even while the music is playing.

Don't know if this is new issue in Pandora app or Apple TV iOS.

Lostyooper
Local Performer

I have the same issue.  Other apps; Music, Netflix, Amazon Prime have no issues.  Netflix and Amazon Prime make sense since they won’t go into sleep mode while playing.  Music most likely works because it’s Apple app. 

0 Kudos

rayferrell
Local Performer

I access Pandora through Apple TV 4.  It shuts off after 15 minutes, as if the sleep mode is set for 15 minutes, but the sleep mode is NOT activated.  The Pandora version is 1809.1. Connected to 5g wi-fi.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rayferrell  I moved your post to this thread as it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

Tagging @EatinPonies @zammikiel @Lostyooper in this message as well - 

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

rayferrell
Local Performer

Thanks for the help.  It was the Apple TV.  Somehow it got activated for 15 minutes.  I don't know how, I've never used it.  Anyway, problem solved.  Thanks again

0 Kudos

Tylerluong5
Local Performer

can you please help me with my problem please

0 Kudos

rh6194
Underground

Until a patch is released to correct this problem, I can confirm that the following workaround will temporarily alleviate the issue:

Select your Settings app. Choose General>Sleep After and change the option from 15 minutes to Never.

Once this problem has been patched you may want to change this back so your Apple TV will go into sleep when it is not in use. Otherwise you can manually put it to sleep by long-pressing the TV button on your remote and choosing sleep from the pop-up menu.

Thanks to @zammikiel for posting this workaround.

0 Kudos

ThatMacGuy
Local Performer

There is a similar thread on apple's support forum. Thanks for letting us know you're working on it. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250701107

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 10/16/2019: Some of our listeners have reported that their Apple TV will stop playback after the latest Apple TVOS update. 

We are aware of the issue, and will provide updates in this thread.

Thanks for your patience! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

Nabu
Local Performer

The last post was on 10/16

how come this hasn’t been fixed yet?

Haverfordwest
Opening Act

For everyone on this thread, just turn the timer off in your settings. It's not hard thing to accomplish, simple fix that you can put into place yourself. 

0 Kudos

Gowyo
Local Performer

That's not a fix you muppet that's a work around and defeats the purpose of the sleep timer. The sleep timer should still work if you want it to.

TannerPandora

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

4i4oKiro
Local Performer

Hey Tanner, 

Can you clarify on "rolled out fix" because it's been more than a month since the problem exists. I'm also sure you guys were aware of it even before that, also it's been two days since your post and there is no update from the app store whatsoever so I'm a little puzzled by that statement. Thats also add extra annoyance and inconvenience of this problems existence. I'm looking forward to your response. 

regards, 

K

0 Kudos

utleytj
Local Performer
It still times out at whatever time the sleep timer is set to on apple tv. I noticed that pandora isn't listed in the apps under settings, so is it possible that it isn't recognized by apple tv when it's running?
0 Kudos

kraftyja
Local Performer
I just deleted the app on my apple tv, restarted my apple tv and downloaded the pandora app again on the apple tv. it is powering off after about 10 minutes of play. I did this today Nov 16 2019
0 Kudos

Johnnaruth
Local Performer

No, i deleted the Pandora app from my Apple TV and reinstalled it. It still cut off after about 3 minutes. Please email me a fix. Pandora does not do this on any othermdevice I own. It actually turns off the TV. Very strange.

Moderator Edit: Removed personal info

0 Kudos