cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Devices - Playback skips to next track before completing current one

ScottAB
Local Performer

This happens to me on my Echo Dot, almost every song stops in the middle and then goes to the next song. Very frustrating.  It's about 12 inches away from the router, and I've rebooted everything multiple times.  Grrr.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ScottAB I moved your post over to the Other Devices space since this issue sounds specific to your Echo Dot.

Please try running through the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  2. Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  3. Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account via the Alexa app.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

the_sexy_esthi
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue on my Amazon Echo Show. Just about every song will cut off and move on to the next song or ad before it reaches the halfway point. Sometimes after.

I tried disabling the Pandora skill, unlinking the acct and then adding each back via the Alexa App. Unfortunately, that didn't help. Can someone please advise?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @the_sexy_esthi! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Sounds like you've already tried some troubleshooting prior to reaching out. I've gone ahead and reported this to our engineering team and passed your info along for further investigation. 

Thanks for your patience while we look into this.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

texadian
Local Performer

I have a 2nd generation Echo, and just recently it started cutting off at the end of every song. Up until recently, it was working great.

0 Kudos

texadian
Local Performer

Sorry, I also have an Echo Show 5, and thats where the issue is I'm having with. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @texadian! Thanks for posting your experience!

I moved your message over to an existing ticket that sounds very similar: Alexa Devices - Songs Cut Off Before Song Ends

Our engineering team is investigating and I've included your info to our ticket for this. Thanks for your patience while we look into it. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

absolutelyang
Local Performer

Just commiserating here. I have restarted, updated apps, unlinking, relinking, spent countless hours on tech support, got a new Echo Dot and nearly every solution ever suggested to me. I still have this issue and it's frustrating. Your issue is not as unique as it has been suggested. 

tinatalker
Underground

I started having this problem this week. I have tried all fixes suggested and nothing has worked. 

shaynajackson2
Local Performer

Hello! I had an echo dot, and upgraded to a Echo Show and BOTH have had this issue. It will skip before the song is over and i’ve tried troubleshooting as well. 

Rudy_barron
Local Performer

I recently switched from google devices to amazon (echo7) for my music at home. Right away on both echo7 that i have i noticed pandora does not play full songs. No error codes, or anything noted on the screen , it just cus off the song. Usually cuts off about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way theough. No connection issues. Other apps work fine on echo7. It happens with all songs. It is really annoying. Please help.

dpowell7299
Underground

OK, this is a Me too post.  I have three, 2 Dots and one of the original Alexas and this ONLY happens playing Pandora on Alexa.  It is seriously annoying.  To the point I'm close to just using Amazon's music and cancelling my Pandora.

tinatalker
Underground
I discovered my problem was my router. It suddenly died and after it was replaced, my problem went away.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

dpowell7299
Underground

Sadly not true for me.  I have switched routers. Pretty much done everything. Also it NEVER happens on Amazon's service but always on Pandora and other 3rd party ones so actually I suspect Amazon doing it to push us to their music streaming service.

Jawhar7
Local Performer

Pandora on Alexa only plays half the song and skips to the next song and plays half and so on and so on.  How do I fix this?

Wolfkc
Local Performer

Me too, on new echo show 15. Moved router next to it and reset network connection.  No luck. Seems fine on Amazon services, just bad on pandora or other.

dinahkat77
Local Performer

I have all speakers going at the same time recently upgraded to echo 10 show and it's only happening on the 10. All the other speakers keep playing. Any answers??  

0 Kudos

Paul8
Local Performer

Done everything...even got new monster router from Verizon... same thing.

0 Kudos

jdubnick
Local Performer

I see most of these posts are over a year old but I don't see a solution.  I have the same problem and it's not just Pandora but also Amazon music.  I tell "her" to play something, the song is playing, it stops mid song and then restarts about 15 seconds later with the next track.  I even disconnected my WiFi extender thinking that the devices could be on different networks (even though they have the same name) and that didn't help.  It's quite frustrating but I don't think it's a Pandora issue. I think it's an Amazon issue.  

thesorjones
Local Performer

Why have there been no corrections for this ongoing problem? 

Songs skip or stop playing all together regularly. If I say skip, they will start at a new song. Commonly, I'll hear static during the song. Occasionally my devices play off beat when playing in multiple rooms. One room will be a few seconds earlier or later in the song than other rooms. It's almost like the data for playing the song is corrupted and can't play all the way through.