cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Won't Play Requested Station

gprayback
Opening Act

Recently stations that have always worked with the Pandora skill on an Alexa device have stopped working. I'll say something like "tell Pandora to play the station calm yoga music." Until recently, it would play  my station which matches that name. But recently it has stopped finding some stations. And once it loses it, it will never find it again. It feels like there's a cache or something that's storing names of recently played stations and if it isn't in the cache, the Pandora skill won't find it from the Alexa device. It's quite frustrating because this is the only way I listen to my music and I have to keep going to the Alexa app and finding my Pandora stations there. I don't understand why the Pandora skill can't find them.

Labels (1)
227 Replies

volpushonit
Underground

This fix is working for me on both Amazon Echo Show (the big one), an OG Echo show, and an OG Amazon Alexa. I tried multiple custom stations on all three and they all worked. They 100% didn't work in the last week before today. Fingers crossed!!!

Edit: I'm still seeing "Skill not enabled" within the Alexa app (Android Pixel 7) in the Pandora skill section. 

0 Kudos

Local Performer
I am assuming you tried the renaming fix and didn’t work for you?
Have to confess I rarely use voice commands. I rather look at my choices on my phone and select what I want to hear.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

bhhales
Underground

No joy for me.  I do notice that now instead of say it can't find "Hotel Costas", it is saying the full name "Hotel Costas Radio".  So maybe it just needs time to update internally.  Note that renaming the station never worked for me.

Does anyone know if there is a way to "copy" a station?  Maybe if I create a new one based on the settings of the old one it might start playing the songs I thumbs upped from the first station.

0 Kudos

Gokupe2
Underground

Did not work for me (the New "Bla Bla", play some playlist , not the radio

Google assistant work like a charm to

play a custom radio station:
Play  MyCustomStation radio on Pandora

play a playlist shuffling

Play  MyPlaylist and shuffle on Pandora

please do a solid solution for alexa and share the syntax for the "routine"

0 Kudos

Bloozrider
Local Performer

Same issue. My Pandora Skill refuses to even acknowledge the existence of my most frequently played station the past couple of weeks. When I tried to ‘recreate’ it, it told me it couldn’t find any music from that artist on Pandora. Funny, but it still works perfectly in the Pandora app on my phone. 

0 Kudos

Bill1970
Local Performer

It has not. Alexa still does not recognize some of my Pandora stations that are working fine on my iphone and TV. Do I need to somehow update Alexa to install the fix you mention?

Bill Norton

0 Kudos

FangirlNatalie
Local Performer

I am having this same issue. My echo is unable to locate my favorite station that I have carefully curated over the last 10 years. I have a recent update of the Alexa app and my Pandora is up to date. The Pandora app still has my station but Alexa cannot find it. She can find other stations I have though. 

Although the skill is enabled, the Alexa app says skill not enabled. Also, it will play other stations on Pandora for me but not this one. 

0 Kudos

AndreaAK
Underground

Will you please clarify how we know if the “fix” has been applied on our side? Am still having the same issue

0 Kudos

katykdk
Local Performer

As of today, I am still having the same issue….. Alexa will not play the stations it has previously played.  I’m hoping to there is a fix soon! 

0 Kudos

Local Performer
Fangirl,
Have you tried just renaming your station like adding a word like “new” in front of your station’s name?
Sorry that is my only suggestion. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

Local Performer
Andrea,
Sorry I an just a fellow Pandora user making a suggestion regarding this problem. No official “fix” here.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

gprayback
Opening Act

Checking in again today, nothing has changed. Whatever the fix was that was pushed out has not changed anything as far as I can tell. My Alexa device still cannot find the stations with any command I have tried (e.g. "Alexa play Graveyard Radio on Pandora," or "Alexa tell Pandora to play the station Graveyard Radio.") I tried the renaming trick that has been suggested, renaming "Graveyard Radio" to "New Graveyard Radio," which _does_ work sort of, the Alexa skill finds the station with the "new" prefix, but if I rename it back it looses it again and can't find it.

That is the current state on my system.   

0 Kudos

Local Performer
Not sure why you would want to go back to the original name if the “new” one works. I just left all mine with the “new” on them. Anyway that works for me. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

fcorral
Underground

Just reporting back that whatever change Pandora did last week seemed to work for me and is still working.  I had about 8 stations that I would always get a message back saying "Cannot find station "xxxx" on your Pandora" for the past 9+ months.  I have tried them all, over and over especially this weekend and its been working every time.   I did not install anything, reboot anything, or rename anything.  Good luck to those its still not working, hope you get some resolution soon, it is nice being able to play all my stations again. 

0 Kudos

gprayback
Opening Act

Because the "new" one sounds stupid and I hate saying it out loud 😉 

0 Kudos

Local Performer
😊actually I rarely use voice command. I open Alexa so I can see all my stations including iheart stations(woodstock radio). But that’s just me. 😊

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

aspenkat
Local Performer

This workaround is annoying, and that's what I was already doing to play my "Workout 1" station that I have otherwise had since 2016--I've been having problems with that one (sporadically) for quite some time.

Now, my "Modern rock" station is no longer recognized...

And of all things, my Alexa can't find any "Pink" stations.  Really?  I renamed my Pink station "Purple", and it now plays.  However, my other stations, it won't let me rename on my phone in the same way, because they are showing as downloaded and not giving me the option.  I then logged into a browser on my computer and don't see any options to change station names.

Please help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Local Performer
Try going to your station on your browser and hold your curser on the right side of the station’s name a little “pencil” icon should appear. That is the “edit” key. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

terry2227
Local Performer

Thank you! 😀

0 Kudos

789gbkj
Underground

Whatever they did recently fixed the first station, but now messed up another Pandora station. Oddly or maybe coincidentally, these were the first and second stations I created on Pandora.  The name change from "X" station to "New X" station worked, but now it can't find my second station and the change from "Y" to "new Y" isn't found either.  What rubbish.

0 Kudos