cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bose - Pandora won't stay connected

theribguy
Underground

I have a Bose 300 speaker and a Bose 700 Soundbar.  They will play Pandora for good amount of time but doesn't always reconnect if off for a couple of hours.  The next day Alexa would say 'I can't reach Pandora for some reason'.   I can restart the speakers and sometimes connect but not always but usually loss Pandora soon after.  I get service back if I restart my Arris router but it generally last less than 24 hours.   Sometimes the connection to Pandora drops after 1 or 2 songs.  My desktop computer connects via wireless but never loses the Pandora service.  Samsung Chromebook never loses connection to Pandora.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hey @theribguy! Just wanted to follow up.

I've been speaking with an engineer who has been looking into this and we've hit a wall.

They took a deep dive and we can see the communication from Alexa to Pandora to retrieve music, however, Amazon sends us a notification that they have paused playback, with no errors. This is when we think the music stops for you. Unfortunately, we aren't able to tell if this is Amazon requesting the pause or if it's coming from Bose. Since the interaction between Bose and Alexa is hidden from us we aren't able to troubleshoot further.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @theribguy! Did this just start happening recently, does this only happen when using the Alexa integration? 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground

It has been happening since I purchased the 2 Bose speakers.  I'll check how it runs from the Bose app after it fails on Alexa command. 

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground

Only fails when Alexa is used.  Still checking on Bose app.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Did you run into trouble with the Bose app - not using Alexa? @theribguy 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground

Yes.  The Bose app just showed buffering endlessly.  @TannerPandora 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@theribguy This is a tough one. 😄

Do you use the Bose skill with your speakers? If you do, can you disable and then re-enable the skill. Then, make sure it appears on the Alexa app, then try using the Alexa app to play something on your speakers (Pandora and another music service). 

If you're able to play another service but not Pandora, let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground

Yes I have the Bose skill.  disabled and re-enabled.  It is on the Alexa list again.  Tunein has been working as an alternative since the beginning.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for checking that out @theribguy.  I'm going to reach out to an engineer and Bose for further help with this. 

Can you do me one last favor, I've enabled a trace on your account. While the trace is enabled, can you please re-link the Pandora skill, then try again on one of the Bose devices and give us the time and date. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground

Just completed the Disable/Re-enable Alexa and then asked Alexa to play Pandora.  Responded with 'Trouble playing the music' response.  Restarted router, Disable/Re-enable Alexa, Successfully connected to Pandora.  4-25-2021 at 2:06 PM EST.  

Good Luck! @TannerPandora

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for doing that @theribguy😃

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground

Today started with a restart of my router.  Followed by about 10 songs before Bose 300 stopped playing.

Unplugged Bose 300 and reconnected to Pandora.

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground

dropped out after a bunch of songs.  Dropped in middle of songs. 2x  Unplugged Bose 300.  Did not restart router.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @theribguy! Sorry for the late reply. 

I did create a ticket for this and passed it along to our engineering team for further investigation. They are still looking into what may be happening.

I'll be sure to update you when I hear back from them. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @theribguy! Just wanted to follow up.

I've been speaking with an engineer who has been looking into this and we've hit a wall.

They took a deep dive and we can see the communication from Alexa to Pandora to retrieve music, however, Amazon sends us a notification that they have paused playback, with no errors. This is when we think the music stops for you. Unfortunately, we aren't able to tell if this is Amazon requesting the pause or if it's coming from Bose. Since the interaction between Bose and Alexa is hidden from us we aren't able to troubleshoot further.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground

Thank you @TannerPandora .

I'm having other unexplained dropouts even when connected just to my own music library via Bluetooth.

I am focusing on the Bose 300 being the culprit.

Do you have a contact in tech support at Bose who might be able to help me?

Thanks again for looking into this for me.

Don

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

You're welcome, @theribguy! Sorry I couldn't help you out more. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a contact at Bose support. 😔

I did find:

Customer service email: support@bose.com

Customer service: 1 (800) 379-2073
Technical support: 1 (800) 380-4831

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

theribguy
Underground

Hey @TannerPandora 

A factory reset of my router seems to have done the trick.

I've been connecting successfully and staying connected

Thanks again for your help.

Don

@theribguy

TannerPandora

Awesome! @theribguy Thanks for following up! 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

theribguy
Underground