cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering on LG Blu Ray Player

TBone965
Local Performer

Hey y’all,  has anyone had an issue with “Buffering”?? 
I just bought a new LG BP175 Blu Ray player with Brand new LAN cable, it works Flawlessly on Netflix, Hulu, everything BUT Pandora!! The song launches perfectly and sounds great and between 1:00 - 1:20 it shows “Buffering”, set the next song off perfectly until 1:00 - 1:20 and keeps doing it!! I’ve rebooted router and unplugged Blu Ray player for a minute and continues the same thing... any Help is appreciated Thank you.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @TBone965 - thanks for posting to community. Sorry to hear that Pandora is giving you trouble on your LG Blu-ray.

I moved your message over to Other Devices to keep things organized, this also helps if someone else has a similar issue.

I checked out your account and it looks like you may have also emailed our User Support team as well. To curb any confusion and repetitive troubleshooting steps, I recommend that you follow up with them via email. 

Hope a solution is found! Thanks for being part of community. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

TBone965
Local Performer

Hey Y'all,

i Never did get that worked out.. i spent $150. between a new 75/75 Router, new 100' CAT~5 LAN Cable, Not to Mention over an Hour on the phone with LG Tech Support, AND Pandora Tech Support...                               Seeing as the Blu Ray Player was still less then 10 days old i returned it.  the replacement should be here in Two day's.. it appears that the internal app. for Pandora was faulty, on LG's End.

I sure appreciate the Help from you folks on the Community and Pandora Inc.

Best,

T~Bone965

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @TBone965! 😁Hope your new blu-ray player works better. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Chelseajulia55
Local Performer

I am also having this issue, how do I fix it?!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Chelseajulia55! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear Pandora is buffering on your LG. 

If you haven't already, let's try some troubleshooting steps.

The first thing I would suggest is checking for updates to the player. You should be able to do this from the main menu by going to Setup > Others Software > Update. The exact menu titles may vary depending on your player.

After the update, try again and see if your problem persists.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

1. Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi and see if it works better.
  2. Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device player.
  3. Try doing a full reset of your device:
  • Unplug power cord and all cables (e.g. HDMI, etc) from the device;
  • Hold down power button on device for 45 seconds;
  • Plug everything back in;
  • Power up device.

You can also contact LG directly in regards to troubleshooting your specific device and settings:

Support Link: http://www.lg.com/us/support

Contact Support: https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment

Support Phone: (800) 243-0000

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos