cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Delete on Amazon Alexa

djcreamy
Local Performer

This morning I wanted to hear a song so I asked my Amazon Echo to play it. Now there's a new channel in my collection. I don't want this channel. I deleted it, but there's 100 more channels I NEVER wanted. I could delete, but then I'm asked if I'm sure I want to delete, and it's very annoying. Mixed in are other carefully cultivated channels I enjoy. 

1. How do I bulk delete channels?
2. How do I ensure my Amazon Echo doesn't create new channels?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @jack_handey thanks for posting to community and sorry to hear this is happening. 

I see that you emailed our user support team recently, was the agent able to help resolve this issue?

Let me know.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @djcreamy Welcome! Thanks for being part of community! 👍

I've taken a look at your Pandora account and it looks like you're upgraded to Pandora Plus, not Premium. Since requesting on-demand content, such as a specific song or album is only a feature of Premium, when you ask Alexa to play a specific song, she'll automatically create a station for you. 

Here are a few voice command tips you can use while listening to Pandora on your Amazon Echo:

• Request a station: "Alexa, play [artist] radio on Pandora." (Reminder: If Alexa can't find what you're asking for in your collection, she'll automatically create a station for you.)
  • Create a station: "Alexa, create a [artist] station on Pandora."
  • Use Thumbs: "Alexa, Thumb up this song," or "Alexa, Thumb down this song."
  • Skip songs: "Alexa, skip this song."
  • Control playback: "Alexa, stop playing."
  • Control volume up or down: "Alexa, volume up," or "Alexa, volume down."
  • Find out what is playing: "Alexa, what is playing?"
  • Pandora Premium subscribers can also ask Alexa to play playlists they've collected, as well as albums, and songs: "Alexa, play Highway Companion by Tom Petty on Pandora." (You won't be able to create or edit playlists through Alexa, but you can do that from the Pandora app and your changes will carry over.)

You can select Pandora as your primary music service and you won't have to say "on Pandora" after each command. If you'd like, you can also set your language preference to Spanish and use these commands in Spanish. 

Keep in mind that if Alexa is unable to find what you've requested, she may add a station that does not exactly match what you requested. You may need to try again from a computer or mobile device.

++

Unfortunately, at this time, there isn't a way to bulk delete stations from your Amazon Echo. I recommend visiting our Feature Request board. This is the best place to post new ideas or feedback that you'd like to see on Pandora. 

In the meantime, it may be easier to remove the unwanted stations from a mobile device or the web. 

Hope this helped to answer your question. Thanks again for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jack_handey
Local Performer

This is happening to us, except we're not even asking Alexa to play anything.  I manually deleted 250 stations on Sunday, and the VERY NEXT DAY I had 250 more, different, stations in my collection.  The stations I regularly listened to weren't available any longer due to the station number cap.  I understand Alexa will add stations if we ask it to, but we're not asking it to add that many in that short of a time span.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jack_handey thanks for posting to community and sorry to hear this is happening. 

I see that you emailed our user support team recently, was the agent able to help resolve this issue?

Let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

macthedog
Local Performer

This has made Pandora UNUSABLE for me. Clearly the better choice is Spotify even though their curated radio stations are not nearly as good as what Pandora can do. Unfortunate.

0 Kudos

nordeastlane
Local Performer

I have a similar issue because my kids often will ask alexa to play something and it automatically creates a new station. It is very frustrating to try to delete them all one at a time. It would be a great feature to be able to check or select a number of stations in my list and delete them all at once. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @nordeastlane! Welcome to community!

There is an idea for a bulk delete option in our Feature Request board. You can find it here: Bulk Add-Delete-Edit-Search Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs) 

There is also another idea that I saw that might fit your needs more: Lock for creating new stations

If either of these ideas aren't what you're looking for, feel free to create a new request. Check out our Feature Request Policy and FAQ for more info and helpful steps. Don't forget to vote by clicking the ❤️!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos