cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast w/ iOS - Error: Oops. We are unable to cast as this time

KMan
Local Performer

I have a similar issue. But I see the icon. However, Pandora sends an error message. It us to work for years.  But in  the  past few months, it can’t communicate with Chromecast.  
the message I get is: OPPS. WE ARE UNABLE TO CAST AT THIS TIME. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @KMan!

Thanks for posting. I've created a new post for your experience with this error message when trying to use Chromecast. If you haven't already, can you try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Pandora app and update if needed.
  2. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
  3. Try reinstalling or clearing app data for Pandora on your device.
  4. Restart your Chromecast device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  5. Restart the Pandora app on your device.
  6. Run the Chromecast app to set up your Chromecast device again.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Flatirons
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem and message when trying to use Chromecast. I'm running the Pandora app, version 2110.1.1. There are no updates in the iOS/Apple store so I have the most recent app.

Regardless, I kindly request the developers to fix this Chromecast bug in time for the next update.

dallasbrockman1
Local Performer

When I play music from my pandora app on my iPhone to my google hub max it keeps on saying unable to cast every time I cast what should I do??

0 Kudos

dallasbrockman1
Local Performer

How do you clear pandora data on iPhone??

0 Kudos

rippeddisc
Local Performer

same issue.  keeps reoccurring.  insanely frustrating. 

0 Kudos

nei34ice
Local Performer

I have been using the free version of Pandora for years, casting from the Pandora iPad app to my Chromecast, including this morning.  After upgrading to Plus today, Pandora no longer casts to my Google Chromecast.  I’ve tried all the troubleshooting suggestions in this and other threads, even canceling the Plus membership, but it still won’t cast.  My several other media apps (Hulu, YouTube, etc.) all cast fine.

The problem is with Pandora, whose platform penalizes users who try to update their subscription.

In just a few hours, I’ve gone from updating my Pandora subscription to deleting Pandora from my iPad, and switching to Spotify.  I tried to revive Pandora but I’m out of patience.  Spotify just works.