cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish devices - Playback stops

Cornrod
Local Performer

Help Please,

Just recently my LG TV with a Wireless Joey when Playing Pandora stops after one song. It has for years ran fine. My other TV which is wired runs Pandora fine. I signed off and turned the TV and signed on Pandora. The problem still exists.

Thank you for helping me

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

nwpeach
Underground
I disagree. It is on too many folks' devices that do not have Dish. It is
a glitch with the Pandora app, and they just can't or won't fix it. Why
has it worked for *years* and just all of a sudden started doing this to
everyone who listens to Pandora, regardless of how they listen to it?
0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
Interesting this problem exists outside Dish Network. What blows my mind is the Pandora app on my other TVs on Dish Network work fine.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

kakern154
Underground
agree.pandora use to work in my bedroom (dish Joey) but now only plays 1 song and stops.Pandora works fine in the living room (dish)

DS92
Underground
I’ve talked to dish and they said this is a problem they are working on to fix. It works fine on my hopper but not my joeys

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
Great news Thank You‼️ When were you told this?

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

nwpeach
Underground

Yes!  That is indeed great news if Dish is saying it is something on their end that they can fix!  I just hope that is right.

0 Kudos

DS92
Underground
Over a month ago

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

I to have pretty much the same issue as @rjbeam08 

"When playing Pandora via the Dish Network app the audio cuts off and has to be manually restarted by switching to the next song. In addition, some songs are cut off half way through the song and a new song starts on its own. I have referred this to Dish and they can't figure out what's wrong. When using Pandora from my phone, computer or car it works fine"

Although my Hopper 3 w/Sling is where the songs, at random, cut off (sometimes just cuts off and sometimes the volume starts reducing to zero then another song starts) then a new song starts and while all of that is going on it won't play for longer than about 20-30 minutes before it stops and the play button has to be pushed to start playing again.

The Joey just plays one song and then the sound disappears when the next song loads although the next songs scroll counter moves as if playing but there's no sound for any song (by skipping) after that.

Note that I have performed EVERY procedure suggested in this thread and nothing changes. Also note that the Pandora app on my Samsung TV works fine (although it takes quite a while to load) and ALL other apps & streaming work great on both the Dish Hopper, Joey & Samsung TV.

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
You have more errors going than I do…bummer. You would think Pandora would get serious and fix this! Glad I did not pay for the commercial free version.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

DS92
Underground
I have same problem

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@Cornrod From what I read here this seems to be more of a Dish issue (by them telling @DS92 that they were working on it, sounds like they've taken ownership of the problem).

@DS92 Have you followed up with Dish at all?

0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@TannerPandora 

If Dish is licensed to use the Pandora app wouldn't it be in the best interest of Pandora to partner with or push Dish to get this resolved?

Also, if you missed the post on my issues it's four posts before this one...please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Paul

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
Dish wanted to charge me a service call to send a tech out and said no way. My problem is limited to only 1 of my 3 TVs. So for the one TV it does not work I just stream Pandora to my phone.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@Cornrod 

So when they said that they were working on it do you think that they really knew about, or even heard of, that issue or was this just level 1 support blowing smoke?

Just wondering before I call them

0 Kudos

jack336
Local Performer

Yes Kathy, this is another user and ours is performing the same way.  Plays fine on the tv with the hopper but plays one sing on the joey's (all 3).  I hope they find a solution to this.  Help DISH!

MJ

0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

So do any moderators even acknowledge or comment on the posts? I posted this 11 days ago but wonder if anyone from Pandora has even looked at it so I'll post it again below...

"Although my Hopper 3 w/Sling is where the songs, at random, cut off (sometimes just cuts off and sometimes the volume starts reducing to zero) then a new song starts and while all of that is going on it won't play for longer than about 20-30 minutes before it stops and the play button has to be pushed to start playing again.

The wired Joey just plays one song and then the sound disappears when the next song loads although the next songs scroll counter moves as if playing but there's no sound for any song (by skipping) after that.

Note that I have performed EVERY procedure suggested in this thread and nothing changes. Also note that the Pandora app on my Samsung TV works fine (although it takes quite a while to load) and ALL other apps & streaming work great on both the Dish Hopper, Joey & Samsung TV."

Paul

0 Kudos

nwpeach
Underground
This isn't exactly my same issue because I don't have any Joeys. I have
only the 1 LG OLED TV and the Dish DVR. And it does it constantly. It
might play 4-5 songs correctly when I first turn it on, but then goes back
into skipping and completely stopping, like it is at this very minute.
Kathy
0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@nwpeach wrote:
This isn't exactly my same issue because I don't have any Joeys. I have
only the 1 LG OLED TV and the Dish DVR. And it does it constantly. It
might play 4-5 songs correctly when I first turn it on, but then goes back
into skipping and completely stopping, like it is at this very minute.
Kathy

@nwpeach 

I'm guessing that Pandora works fine through the app on your Smart TV much as it does on my Samsung when I play it through the Smart TV app (other than it's very slow to load)

Paul

0 Kudos

nwpeach
Underground
NO, that is the issue. The Pandora app does NOT work well at all on my LG
OLED with Dish Network. I have had Dish Network for years, and the Pandora
app was loaded on it. I do NOT have any Joeys. I have only the Dish DVR,
and AGAIN, my TV is NOT a Samsung. Man, people sure don't read these posts
very well.
0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@nwpeach 

You're right..."people don't read these posts very well" and if you'd have read my post "well" you'd know that I had "guessed" that you might have tried Pandora through the app on your LG TV (I was assuming that it was a smart TV), and not through the Dish box, to see if there were still any issues when or if you might have thought to do that which would have isolated the Dish box from the TV to prove that the issue was actually in the Dish app and not something that had changed (not by you) with your TV. When you have an issue with any app or streaming service the best way to determine where the issue lies is to try it on various platforms.

Next issue is your comment "AGAIN, my TV is NOT a Samsung" and, again, if you had actually "read" my post "well" you would have seen that what I said was "much as it does on my Samsung"...I said nothing about your LG being a Samsung!

Bottom line is that instead of flaming me for trying to acquire some information that may be helpful in solving this issue, either try to help or get off of this forum because we're all here to exchange information which would be beneficial to all of us...being angry doesn't help anyone.

Paul

0 Kudos