cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit filter on XBox One

Flablackett
Underground

I just started listening to Pandora over my video games on my XBox one and I love it. Only thing, is it is censoring songs even though I have my "Allow Explicit Content" turned on. I am a 37 year old man with no kids on my Xbox ever, so there has never been a need for explicit filters. It used to not censor and just started to (without me changing anything) recently. I am pretty upset about it as I listen to alot of hip-hop, and hate when every other word is cut out of the song. I'm about to stop using Pandora altogether even though I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years. Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Flablackett thanks for posting to community! Sorry for any trouble. 

I double checked your account and I see that the 'Allow Explicit Content' toggle is actually turned off. 

Did you turn the filter on through your Xbox? We are currently aware of an issue where the explicit filter button on the Xbox may actually be working the opposite way from how it appears on mobile and web.

For now, I would recommend setting the filter through your mobile device or on the web. The filter will apply to your entire account. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Flablackett
Underground

I'm pretty pissed off about it! 😂😂

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Flablackett thanks for posting to community! Sorry for any trouble. 

I double checked your account and I see that the 'Allow Explicit Content' toggle is actually turned off. 

Did you turn the filter on through your Xbox? We are currently aware of an issue where the explicit filter button on the Xbox may actually be working the opposite way from how it appears on mobile and web.

For now, I would recommend setting the filter through your mobile device or on the web. The filter will apply to your entire account. 

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Flablackett
Underground

Yeah, it looks like the Xbox bug changed my settings across all devices. Lol! Changed it on the app on my phone and it is now working properly. Thank you! 

TannerPandora

Awesome! Glad to hear that its back to working @Flablackett. Enjoy the tunes. 🎶

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Spp203
Local Performer

I was having the same issue and this worked!! Thanks you!! 🙂 Hopefully its fixed soon! 🙂

TannerPandora

Glad to hear that worked @Spp203! 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos