cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Devices: Slow response or freezes

zymurgypg
Underground

Hello,

Starting 7/4/23 the Pandora app on the Fire TV experiencing slow updates and delayed input. The music plays without an issue. When songs change onto the next the screen updates in about 4-5 seconds. Inputs are delayed the same amount of time. For instance, when you move left or right to choose next or thumbs up the screen is delayed 5 seconds before it updates. The functionality happens normally, though. Once you move, even though the screen hasn't updated, it accepts input on the control you are "on".

No other apps on the tv experience this issue. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Labels (1)
119 Replies

sesameena
Local Performer

I've been experiencing the lag for at minimum 3 months. I performed all recommended steps to no avail. I've got two TVs experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos

diverminh
Underground

Nope. Fix didn't work.  Still have a 5 seconds delays between button pressed on firestick

Zennist
Local Performer

I have also been experiencing the lag for months now and it is the same on both my mother’s and daughter’s FireTVs that are in their own homes.  Seems to be consistent with everyone I’ve asked with a FireTV or stick.  I noticed the thread was started in July of this year.  Has there been nothing done about it yet?!?  I would think they would address this issue with a big fix update.  Anyone know how to escalate and get their attention focused on correcting this beyond useless suggestions?

jsettecase
Opening Act

This has been going on for way too long. Isn't anyone one from Pandora monitoring and responding to this problem or have they lost key tech support people that can actually fix this problem? They are going to lose subscribers because of this. They even haven't fixed the problem with their interface with my Ford Sync system that crashed every time you 'thumbs-Up' something. I have stopped using their APP altogether in my car and use BT only connected to my phone.

Nope, still lagging 3-8 seconds!

Adam, This problem needs to be escalated as its been going on for months! There hasn't been any word from Pandora acknowledging this and what they are doing about it. Please, escalate this and find a solution! Many users are threatening leaving Pandora.

Each command LAGS 3-8 seconds with all Fire TV's & Sticks. Only the Pandora APP. If I use the MIC on my remote to play Anything, Smooth Jazz, Classic Rock or any other station, it opens a different GUI that Plays without lags! But you can't access your save station thru that GUI.

Nope, Pandora still lags 3-8 Seconds with each command! Please re-open this trouble ticket! This has been going on for months! Many are threatening to leave Pandora. Pandora Tech Support needs to acknowledge this and let us know what is being done to fix it. Or maybe Pandora has lost key Tech Support people that can actually fix this? Please do something about this.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and format

JEastCoast
Local Performer

This is not a firestick issue, it is the Pandora app for the firestick.  The Pandora app is not a heavy GUI interface and it does not make sense as to why it would be lagging and freezing.  I wish Pandora would realize this and check into potential coding issues that are causing it and fix the problem.  

TV providers stream video and audio and the interfaces run smooth.  We are looking at audio with album covers and it constantly freezes for 3-8 seconds for each action.  

let’s go Pandora!!!!

jsettecase
Opening Act

Since I contacted the moderator, another Pandora support person and emailed Pandora support, the APP appears to be working without any delays as of yesterday. It appears that I alerted their Engineering team and they finally jumped on it. Anyone else having the same luck? I have yet to verify that it's still working today. And 'Thank you' Pandora Engineering team for finally getting this resolved. 

TMcRat
Underground

Unfortunately, I bring poor tidings. I decided to really hammer at the motion/clicks option via the Firestick remote by loading up a Pandora-created station and then aggressively curating it to my personal taste (lots of thumbs up/down, skips, going back to 3 songs back to do a thumbs up, etc.). About 20 minutes into me working the app, it started to slow waaaaay down again. For the dev team's info: when first fired up, it worked fantastically well for about 4 songs, then it just got all bogged down again and remains that way for now.

0 Kudos

zymurgypg
Underground

> when first fired up, it worked fantastically well for about 4 songs, then it just got all bogged down again and remains that way for now.

That is the way it has always been since I first reported the issue on July 5, 2023. 

My understanding is that there is no resolution. There is always hope one will come, though.

0 Kudos

Zaldorg
Local Performer

TannerPandora - As a very long time user of Pandora, I’m curious why your response acknowledging the slowness of the Pandora app for FireTv was posted as a Solution. It’s clearly not a solution, just an acknowledgment of the problem. 

I’ve been experiencing the problem for many many months, starting around the same time Amazon introduced their own music app. I’ve tried all the workarounds posted on the internet. None have worked beyond a few minutes. 

Given that ALL the other FireTv apps including music apps do not have this slow lag time problem, I can only conclude that this is a low to no priority issue at Pandora. Obviously, technical solutions do exist to resolve this issue. 

I really like Pandora, but a 3-6 second lag time for each click makes the app not just frustratingly difficult to use but increasingly questionable as to why I should continue to subscribe to it. 

Regards

0 Kudos

achristt
Local Performer

I run an instance of Pandora through a 55" Insignia Fire TV. I started having the the same issue back in July as well (mine was an almost 10 second lag between movements), and have been following this thread somewhat regularly. When I left work Wednesday 11/22/2023 I was still have the lagging issue, but Monday 11/27/2023 the problem had disappeared completely. I checked several times throughout the day and the lag to be sure, but no lag reappeared. I didn't do any update or clear any cache. As of this writing, I am still not having any lag issues. Wish I had some information about doing something to fix the issue but, it simply started working correctly on TV restart yesterday.

0 Kudos

C5guy
Local Performer
I have had the same experience.
0 Kudos

WidBill
Local Performer

Having same issues decribed, Pandora key input response delay (Firestick) of appdox. 5 to 10 sec. Nothing has worked and only App with the issue.  I hope you are able to fix soon, has been like this for months and is unusable. Thanks, wb

0 Kudos

G2K
Underground

Well as of yesterday it seems pandora on my firestick is working properly. Fingers crossed 🤞 

Tjdarnell
Underground
Mine too seems to be working smoothly

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>

zippyshoe
Underground

Just an update - As of the past few days, this issue on my Amazon Firestick appears to be resolved. Navigating with the remote appears to new be working properly with no noticeable delay. Also, the small "graphic equalizer" graphic to the right of the "My Station" text bounces normally to the music. 😁

WidBill
Local Performer

Fixed, thanks so much !

eorlgrey
Underground

I also noticed improvement with the lag starting 11/16/23, and that seems to have held up the last few weeks. I hope others have similarly seen things improve!

0 Kudos

eorlgrey
Underground

I noticed improvement with the lag starting 11/16/23, and that seems to have held up the last few weeks. I hope others have similarly seen things improve!

0 Kudos

TMcRat
Underground

Have been away and unable to test until last night - the app performance seems much improved, as noted by others. I did have to clear not only my app cache in the Firestick settings, but also the data store, then re-register the Firestick on my Pandora account to make the fix apparent. So anybody who's having issues still might try that approach.

0 Kudos

diverminh
Underground

Seems like it is fixed.  Listen for without any control lagging problem even after 1hr.

0 Kudos