cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Devices: Slow response or freezes

zymurgypg
Underground

Hello,

Starting 7/4/23 the Pandora app on the Fire TV experiencing slow updates and delayed input. The music plays without an issue. When songs change onto the next the screen updates in about 4-5 seconds. Inputs are delayed the same amount of time. For instance, when you move left or right to choose next or thumbs up the screen is delayed 5 seconds before it updates. The functionality happens normally, though. Once you move, even though the screen hasn't updated, it accepts input on the control you are "on".

No other apps on the tv experience this issue. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Labels (1)
119 Replies

TMcRat
Underground

Same with the 2020 version of the Fire TV Stick. I was considering buying a new stick until I found this thread. Like everybody else, every other app/function on my Fire TV Stick works perfectly except the Pandora app. I am a very long-time Pandora premium member and am thinking it's time to cancel before my annual subscription renews next month. Super disappointing.

Slenarz
Local Performer

I, too, am having the same problem as others have written. The lag is very frustrating. I just purchased the new fire stick and Pandora is the only one that lags.

BradB
Local Performer

Same problem. I bought a new firestick thinking something was wrong with mine. Same problem. Brand new firestick out of the box yesterday.

pdcom7435
Local Performer

Two months in after the acknowledgement of the problem and the community is still experiencing this issue: what are the updates from the team? It's baffling that paid customers and/or people buying new FireSticks in the hope of seeing the problem go away are receiving no support. What is the dev team doing on their end to analyze and reproduce the problem? When we can we expect a fix to be pushed to production? 

inline_phil
Underground

Finger pointing is not a solution. Working together is. Be professional folks and solve this problem. Don't say "it's their problem". Someone on your team needs to be bold, take ownership, and get this to work properly.

BTW, do the shareholders know about this? Maybe that would help grease the wheel.

G2K
Underground

So are we getting ghosted by Pandora, haven't heard 🤔 a response in quite some time. Come on, atleast just tell us the truth!

JEastCoast
Local Performer

Super frustrating, just bought the latest firestick as well and it only freezes with the Pandora app and I pay for premium as well…. Can’t believe they don’t have a fix yet.

Dmmitchem
Underground

It appears that the lagging has finally fixed! I noticed it yesterday. It’s doing good today as well. I was about to give up on Pandora!!! I hope I’m not speaking too soon. 

Thank you if it truly has been remedied!!!!

0 Kudos

Kenbuerster
Underground

The time lag on the app. Is terrible. It's been going on for some time now. The screen saver is gone. And the volume varying room song to song is very annoying. The product has really gone downhill.  I'm thinking of canceling my subscription. 

avonnieda
Underground

Checked mine this morning and it also seems to be vastly improved. Time will tell, but good news for now 🙂

VTMedicated
Local Performer

Yeah... lasted for maybe 5 or 6 tracks. Updated FireStick and uninstalled/reinstalled Pandora again.  Still no fix.  

HamHox
Underground

No change to the performance with mine. Still a 3-5 sec delay between clicks. I’m trying other 3rd party apps to see if this is a Firestick/Amazon issue or if it’s limited to Pandora.

Dmmitchem
Underground

I’ll have to keep checking it. Mine has been fine for the last two days. Hopefully it will stay that way!

0 Kudos

Dmmitchem
Underground

I sure hope it keeps working. That lag was very annoying!!

0 Kudos

HamHox
Underground

I hope it continues to work for you, or there is an update being pushed out and the rest of us just haven’t received it. In either case, Pandora so far appears to be the only app affected for me. 

Dmmitchem
Underground

A couple of months ago we ordered a new Firestick…..latest greatest. It didn’t make a difference. I’m still thinking it’s Amazon though. Pandora worked perfectly on my phone and on my computer.
I’m not having trouble right now with it on the Firestick so I’m hoping it will stay that way.  It’s weird that it seems to be fixed for some and not others. 

0 Kudos

avonnieda
Underground

I think this is my story too, was good for a short time but it's back to sucking.

diverminh
Underground

On my Android phone, it stayed in the background using my battery after I closed it.  Support said it resolved with new update and closed it even know the problem is stills there.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kenbuerster I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

1. If you are on an in-home device, what is the make and model?
  2. If this is happening on your mobile device, what is the make and model?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Kenbuerster
Underground
I have an Insignia flat-screen Fire TV. I had a Roku TV before and don't
recall having these issues. I don't remember when exactly the lagging began
but I read that a lot of people are complaining about it.
0 Kudos