cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting to use Premium features on TV

daleslad
On the Rise

I've been using Premium for a few years now on my iPhone and Computer but lately I've wanted to use it on my 5 year old Vizio TV.   I found I can get my radio stations ok but can't see  my Playlists,  not getting much help from Pandora.

Can anyone give me a clue on what to do to get playlists to show.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad I moved your post to the Other Devices space to keep the community organized.

Because individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora Premium's features.

At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here.

We are actively working on making Pandora Premium's features available through more devices. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad I moved your post to the Other Devices space to keep the community organized.

Because individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora Premium's features.

At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here.

We are actively working on making Pandora Premium's features available through more devices. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

jsrober8
Underground

I am having the same problem, but on a newer set (Samsung). No playlists visible. I hope there is a solution.

I am a long time user, new Premium subscriber. I created a playlist on the web. I normally play Pandora through my smart TV. No playlist. I logged out and back in, but I still can't locate the playlist? Stations are all there. Suggestions? One reason I went Premium was just for this. Many thanks, Jeff

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Adam,   I seem to keep on getting the party line when I ask for help.  

(At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here.)

I have one of the devices listed and I'm connected to it,  I can see all of my radio stations but that's all.

I'm not inclined to go out and buy a new tv in the hope that I might get my Playlists to work, especially after seeing posts like the one on this page from jsrober8.    I've complained before about this a long time ago and got the same answer back then.

This is not the way to keep loyal customers.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jsrober8 If you aren't receiving Pandora Premium on your Samsung TV, then that likely means the specific model you are using isn't currently supported.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@daleslad My guess is the same information I provided to @jsrober8 also applies to the additional device you mentoined. What is the make and model of that device? 

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

It is a Vizio E550i-B2

0 Kudos

jsrober8
Underground

I have tried on a new LG, the Samsung, and a Pioneer Premium Elite.  Playlists appear on none of them.  Advice?  Thanks, this is what I want Pandora Premium for.

Jeff

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Unfortunately, that Vizio model does not support Pandora Premium. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@jsrober8 Unfortunately, Pandora Premium isn't currently supported on Pioneer devices.

I'm happy to help verify if your LG TV or Samsung TV supports Pandora Premium - let me know the make and model of the devices. 

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Don't you think Adam that it might be a good idea for Pandora to publish a list of devices that will allow Playlists to be used, so that the listening public are better informed about what TV etc. to buy .

I'd like  to point out also that the window that pops up asking for  a critique on how we did gives  you two choices.  One choice is No Thanks and the other choice is Yes I'll do it later.   If you choose the latter it immediately takes you to the critique page.

0 Kudos

jsrober8
Underground

well now I am completely baffled.  On the smart TV, using the Pandora app, I can no longer even listen to channels.  NO ONE is using it except me, trying desparately to get even one device to listen to channels, nevermind the playlist.  The error is "we're sorry there has been an unexpected error with our server"

I do not see a solution on the community forum.  Does anyone have a fix?  Many thanks--Jeff the music deprived chef

0 Kudos

DJ58
Local Performer

When I play Pandora through my DIRECTV app I don’t have unlimited skips or any other of the premium things other than its ad free, but I had that with the plus plan. I especially wanted the unlimited skips, plus would’ve liked to be able to use all the other things premium plan offers, but I don’t get. Is it only available if on iPhone, etc, because if so then I guess just go back to the regular ad free   Because I only listen to it through the tv for now until I upgrade all things to Bluetooth or whatever.  I usually listen to Spotify except when home, cuz only app direct tv offers, except for iheart radio and their music…ugh! Thanks ~ 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad I moved your post over to this existing thread: Getting to use Premium features on TV

Check out the accepted solution for more information around what devices support Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

GaryStephens650
Local Performer

This is, unfortunately what you get when you choose to use a product with no direct contact or phoneline support here in the United States! Extremely frustrating and total lack of assistance or cooperation from Pandora -only in America.

[email]

Moderator Edit: Format and personal information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@GaryStephens650 We don't offer phone support but you can reach our User Support team via email

In the meantime, I'm happy to help here on community. Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Please include the make and model of your device. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos