cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home - Playback Stops

Dorapan20
Local Performer

I used to have the Livio Radio from Pandora for the last 9 years. However, support has dropped and we cannot receive the Pandora stations anymore on the Livio Radio box. I now have Google Hub, and we moved it into the bedroom, but after two songs, it just stops streaming Pandora, regardless if there is light in the room or not. I'm not sure why it does this, as the other Google smart speakers seem to stream Pandora for many hours at a time. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Dorapan20! Thanks for posting your experience to community, sorry to hear this is happening. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting for your Google Home device yet? If not, I have a few steps that may help. I've also enabled a trace on your account to better help understand what may be happening. 

Please try the following steps:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Google Home and Pandora apps. Update if needed.
  2. Restart your Google Home device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  3. Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account via the Google Home app.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RMC
Local Performer

Hello, when casting Pandora to any device in my home (Google Home, Google Home Mini, Chromecast), the playlist will pause mid song, and the only was to resume is to skip to the next song.  This will happen randomly, sometimes after only 5 minutes of play.  I hate listening to music though my phone speaker, but this is the only option lately.  This used to work without issue.

TannerPandora

Hi @RMC! Thanks for posting to community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Google Home - Playback Stops

I've enabled a trace on your account, would you mind trying the troubleshooting steps from my reply above? You can click here to view them.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RockNRollAlNite
Local Performer

I just had the identical thing happen. The song just stopped. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd song since I started Pandora on my Google Nest Audio Speaker pair. I thought it just stopped and didn't try any commands but after seeing your post about trying next song I tried a few other things (resume, what song is this.. and nothing happened at all). Then I tried "hey google next song" and it worked and started playing again.

0 Kudos

LauraMed
Local Performer

I have had issues playing Pandora on all my Google Music devices, display, nest and minis for months.  I have tried everything.  I sometimes feel it began when Google bought YouTube Music and trying to force me to play that music for their profit.  Frustrated.  YouTube Music can't even play the correct genre when I try using it so very frustrated.  I care for a disabled family member and need her music to work.  It is very inconvenient to keep trying to troubleshoot it.  It will just stop in the middle of songs or stop towards the end of a song...silence. 

rpham218
Local Performer

Any new updates to what is causing the playback issue?  it's getting frustrating since it's happening on all my nest hub devices.

Local Performer

on my google nest home system sometimes Pandora quits after one song

0 Kudos

erc_185
Local Performer

im having the same issue of the google home randomly stopping. i dont think it is pandora. please look into this google. im at the point of returning the device.

0 Kudos

Waldelet
Local Performer

I’m having the same issues reported above. Is there any resolution?

0 Kudos

fekim-71
Underground

I have had the same issue for months. I have 6 Google Smart Speakers and 5 Alexa Smart Speakers. When listening to Pandora the music just stops. Sometimes I get it back by saying resume, skip song or stop than Play Pandora again.  I thought is was my connection but my Youtube TV plays with no stops and I can listen to other service with no issues.

0 Kudos