cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home - what is the default station it plays and how to change

grumpycat
Local Performer

This might not be a Pandora issue but I am sure I am not the first one that wonders about this. 

I have Google Home and linked it to my Pandora account, it's nice, I really enjoy it but what if I want to find out what station it play, is there a way to skip "thumb up/down" a song 

I want to know more but mainly what is the station it plays and how to change it in case I get borred.

Maybe it plays the thumbs up only 🙂

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @grumpycat! Thanks for posting. 

If you're listening to Pandora on your Google Home device, you can use voice commands to ask Google what is playing, change stations, thumb up or down a song and a lot more.

You can find examples of the types of voice commands you can use on the Google Support Page. Keep in mind, if Pandora is not your default music provider, you may need to include "... on Pandora" when using your voice command. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

nagwi1
Local Performer

Not only will it not accept a thumbs down/up command, it won't play my music. I have Premium and have set stations within the Shuffle Station option, but instead of using my parameters, it seems to just shuffle through a bunch of pop music **ahem**. I'm wondering if there is any way to actually work within my account when the only way to connect it to my tv/audio system is via Google Home (which in itself is **ahem**)?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @nagwi1! Welcome to community.

Are you using Google voice commands through an integration on another device? Looking at your Pandora account, I don't see a Google Home device connected. The most recent connections being an Android mobile device and an Android TV.

Can you let me know the make and model of the device you're using voice command with? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

nagwi1
Local Performer

So I just updated my Pandora account to my gmail addresss, then linked it to Google Home, which seemed to ask me for more info/access - started up great with my music and not a bunch of random stuff - then used voice command, but it goes to generic channels instead of mine. We live our custom Shuffle Setting Is there a specific command I can use to access the "Shuffle Stations" option? What I've tried opens new stations/playlists I don't want. When it lands on these other options, it won't let me thumbs down or skip using the TV remote - I can only skip in the Home App, but no thumbs down options. 

Also, this is a SOny Bravia KD-65X80K - it's also only letting me access Pandora via Google HOme and while it will install the Pandora App, it won't open - however the app loaded and worked fine for the first 2 days we owned the TV. HELP, I just want to access my music - please and thank you.  

0 Kudos

jviolajkd68
Local Performer

What I'd like to know, is how to play my google home if I'm on a different floor of my house or remotely.  I can open the app and click media and it plays, but it's some random station.  Is there a way for me to tell it to play a specific favorite station I have saved from my pandora list, If I'm not home?

0 Kudos