cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindle Fire: Pandora crashes with Location turned on

bswanson
Local Performer

on kindle fire under permissions if i have location on when i start the app it crashes right away. if i have location turned off in permissions it works fine. why is this?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @bswanson 

Welcome to community!

Sorry for any trouble with your Kindle Fire. Your experience is definitely unique, I haven't heard of this happening before.

Did you try any troubleshooting prior to reaching out, like clearing the app data and cache? If not, I would give that a try to see if it will help your overall experience. If you need steps on how to do this, let me know and I can send some over.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bswanson
Local Performer

yes i tried all that and it is the location permission cause i turned off all others ones and left that on and it stops and brings me back to kindle home page 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear that didn't help, @bswanson.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review. Could you please provide your Kindle model, OS version and Pandora version.

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bswanson
Local Performer
kindle fire hd 10 11th generation  os 7.3.3.0 pandora version 2401.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info, @bswanson 

Are you able to update the Pandora app to the latest version on your Kindle? Pandora is currently on 2405.1. Let me know if you're able to update.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bswanson
Local Performer

yes i looked again that is the version i do have. so everything is up to date. also for some reason i cant activate free premium sessions. i follow the steps of playing a song and then an ad should play to activate it. the problem is when i play the song to active it nothing happens no ad plays. i asked about this before with no help or solution yet 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @bswanson 

Thanks for confirming your version.

For the Premium Session, when an ad doesn't appears, does the app freeze, or are you still able to move back to your stations?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bswanson
Local Performer

oh it still works just cant activate the free premium session

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bswanson Got it. Sorry to hear that feature isn't working for you. I've included your experience with Premium Session in my report to our engineering team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos