cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech: Skip count exceeded error

Sparky2991
Underground

Stops playing, says "skip count exceeded" when I haven't skipped any songs

Listening to Pandora (Plus subscription) and songs stop at random times, eventually saying skip limit reached.  Checked to make sure my Plus subscription is current.  This happens on several different devices.

May be related to listening through Logitech Media Server?  Also seems to happen on native Android app.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sparky2991 I moved your post to the Other Devices space.

Can you please send me a picture of the error message the next time it appears?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Sparky2991
Underground

Thanks for moving my post to the correct area and I will try to capture the error message next time I see it.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sparky2991! You mentioned that this is happening on several devices, can you let me know which ones? Also, are they all connected to the same WiFi?

Does this happen when you're on cellular or another WiFi?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sparky2991
Underground
Don't use cellular, happens on both WiFi and Ethernet.
0 Kudos

Sparky2991
Underground

A real wired Logitech Squeezebox 2, a squeezeplayer running on a wired Linux Raspberry Pi-4, and the Pandora app running on my Android 12 tablet via WiFi.  I don't use cellular data for streaming.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Sparky2991 I have a trace enabled on your account to help investigate. When this happens again can you let me know the date and time, I'll take a closer look. Please include the picture/screenshot that @AdamPandora mentioned earlier.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sparky2991
Underground

Will do.  It may be a while as I'll be away for the next several days.

TannerPandora

No problem, @Sparky2991

I'm particularly interested if this is happening with your mobile device.

Unfortunately, the Squeezebox is no longer supported by Pandora, so I won't be able to provide any specific troubleshooting steps. However, I would recommend checking for a new firmware update on your Squeezebox. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem:

• Try connecting directly via an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sparky2991
Underground

My mobile devices (Android) seem to work fine; it appears that I'm having problems only with squeezebox devices and I understand they are no longer supported.  I checked my squeezebox logs and there's nothing of interest in them.  Those boxes work so well on my local music that I'm keeping them around until I really have to a major player refresh.  Since Pandora works through my Roku streamers and Denon AVR-X3600H, I guess I'll just punt on playing Pandora through my squeezeboxes.  I did capture the error message from my squeezeplayer on my Android phone but I doubt if it will offer anything useful -- it just was the scrolling "hourly skip limit reached..."  The most recent error I received was at 15:25 MDT on May 25th.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sparky2991 

Thanks for follow up. Unfortunately, I don't have any other troubleshooting steps I can offer for your Squeezebox since we don't official support them.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sparky2991
Underground

Thanks for engaging with me on this anyway 🙂