cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Connection on Onkyo Stereo

beachestate
Local Performer

I've lost one of my stations and now I have lost all connection to my Onkyo stereo system .This all happened in a 24 hr period of time .Can't connect to Pandora on my stereo but able to get it on my computer & my mobile phone.Need help  

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
28 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @beachestate thanks for posting to community!

This may be related to the issue with stations disappearing that I mentioned earlier today. However, just to be sure and to cover our bases, I would like to run through some standard networking and device troubleshooting. 

Can you let me know the name of the station you've lost? Is it just the one or are there more?

I've also asked our User Support team to enable a trace on your account to help us better understand what is going on. 

To begin troubleshooting, first make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

brianmarceaux
Local Performer

I have two Onkyo TX-8160 and one TX-8260 receivers.  I bought the 8260 at the beginning of the year 2020.  On that unit I kept getting a Playback Error message though the stations would play.  I contacted Onkyo this week about the issue.  They suggested I reset the unit.  I did so. It didn't clear up the problem. Ironically, it caused another problem. I have stations on my desktop computer that are no longer showing up as available on the receiver.  Even more ironically, the 8160 units then began showing the same playback error message and having the same missing stations this week after I reset the 8260.  I know they are missing because I always listen to them and now can't fine them.  Everthing else seems to work on the units, i.e. TuneIn, Spotify, etc. What's up?!  Please help. Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @brianmarceaux thanks for posting! I moved your message to a thread that sounds like a similar issue to what you've experienced - Lost Connection on Onkyo Stereo

We are aware of an issue where stations may not appear in your collection through select devices and on TVs. We are currently investigating this issue.

For the other error you mentioned, it may be related to this station issue, however, I've been recommending some troubleshooting steps to rule out a few things. 

Can you please try the steps that I mentioned in my post above? You can find the steps by clicking here

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

brianmarceaux
Local Performer

I updated the Onkyo TX-8260 and connected it to Ethernet.  Still have the missing stations.  There are multiple stations missing.  But three of them are French Cooking Music, Italian Cooking Music, and Alphaville.  Could it be that Onkyo only allows 98 stations?  All three units stop at 98.  I Googled that but didn't find an answer.  I don't see how I can delete and re-boot Pandora from the units. I also tried to reboot modem and router.  No luck.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brianmarceaux That is a known issue that our engineers are currently looking into. 

Keep an eye on our thread for Unable to see Stations on devices as we will be providing updates on any potential fixes there. 

Thanks for your patience with all of this!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @beachestate and @brianmarceaux We’ve made a change on our end and believe this issue has now been fixed.

Would you mind trying again and letting me know how it goes? 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ymme
Local Performer

I have the same problem. I also seem to have pandora “stuck” saying it “connecting on the middle of the screen. I’ve done all the update and reinstalled both Pandora and onkyo. Any resolution to this problem?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ymme I had our support team enable a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora provided once more.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Ymme
Local Performer

It didn’t work. It’s still saying connecting on the screen but it doesn’t connect. Anything else I can try? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ymme, I asked our user support team to remove the device association on your account. This should take effect soon, once it does, you'll need to sign back into Pandora. 

When sign back in, let me know if you're still stuck on the connecting screen. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Christieh2211
Local Performer

My Onkyo Controller app is stuck on a Pandora song and won't connect to any station. I have tried removing the app, removing the pandora app, resetting the Onkyo controller, connecting directly but my app will not change to a new station. This has been occuring for days now even after shutting off my phone.  At this point I am unable to play Pandora at all through the Onkyo controller which is very frustrating.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Christieh2211! Thanks for posting to community. Sorry to hear this is happening on your receiver. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us out.  I've also removed the device association with your Pandora account. Can you please go through the set up process again on your receiver. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

John-Paul
Local Performer

This is my third Onkyo and my last...
Pandora has worked with no issues for years but today the receiver will not play pandora, it says there is a connection error. I can get it to play other streaming stations.
Turned of and on repeatedly, hit factory reset and reinstalled my Pandora account.
Any thoughts?

0 Kudos

mwilson622
Local Performer

Same problem on my Onkyo TX-8270. I went to add a station on Pandora through the Onkyo app and then I got hit with an "Internal Server Error" and it has bricked the app on the stereo.

Still nothing after a factory reset of the stereo.

I am going to try a factory reset and then try logging in under a different account to see if the account is throwing an error to unit or the latest firmware update is the culprit. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @John-Paul and @mwilson622 - thanks for posting your experience. 

We are aware of an issue that was causing some problems with playback. We now believe this has been resolved. 

Please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues. Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rhyjack
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue and it is still ocurring on August 8

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rhyjack This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

rhyjack
Local Performer

thanks.  I'm connecting via Ethernet as I always have.

I've rebooted the routes and modem several times and restarted the device.

I'm still can't a can't reach the login server error.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rhyjack - I removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect.  

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos