cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marantz: Unable to log in - no error

TE5LA
Underground

I purchased a used Marantz receiver, went to the Pandora section, and there was an existing email/password from a previous owner.  I deleted it and entered my credentials. Upon pressing OK, all that happens is that the phrase "Please wait" appears for 1/2-second, then disappears, and nothing happens.

Is the receiver registered to the old owner, and do I need to factory reset the receiver? Or, do I need a paid Pandora account to do this?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TE5LA
Underground

The old receivers will not work with Pandora or SiriusXM. Only the newer receivers that are compatible with the Heos app will work. But nobody from Marantz, Pandora, nor SiriusXM seem to know this, because I contacted all of them. I have a Cinema 60 now and it works.

I'm not sure now about my decision to buy Marantz. I had to return the first Cinema 60 because on first trying to use, it popped my right front speaker cone about an inch out, and nothing was playing, then the receiver shut down.  The replacement works, but pops in the center speaker when you activate certain functions and when powering off the system. I never had this issue with my Pioneer Elite SC-07. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @TE5LA 

Welcome to community!

You don't need a paid account to use Pandora on your Marantz, however, I think because it was already signed in to another account something may have gotten stuck when you deleted the previous credentials.

Unfortunately, I can only help troubleshoot your Marantz if you were able to log in and connect your account. In this case, I would perform a factory reset for your Marantz. This should reset everything and allow you to log in with your Pandora account.

If you don't have a user's manual, you may be able to find one online through the Marantz User's Manuals website based on your model.

Hope this helps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TE5LA
Underground

I reset the receiver and it's still the same.  I ever my credentials and it says "Please wait..." briefly, then disappears. 

If I try to create new account, it just displays: 

"Activation has not been completed. Please follow the instructions to continue," and nothing else.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @TE5LA 

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry to hear that a factory reset didn't help.

Unfortunately, I don't have any troubleshooting steps to offer that I believe would offer a immediate resolution. I am happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review.

Can you let me know the model number of your Marantz? Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TE5LA
Underground
It's a SR-6009,  but I'm returning it. I am having other issues now and will be getting another model.Sent from my Galaxy
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear that, @TE5LA! I hope the other model works out better.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hinkletwinkle
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.  Just started (June 2024).  Model SR7007.  My login is there, all correct, then I hit OK  get a please wait and back to the OK.  Can't go further.  I didn't do a factory reset, but I did unplug for 5 minutes.  I even went into Pandora changed the password, and tried the new password.   

Has Marantz changed something?  I was super disappointed when they stopped updating the Sirius XM app.

0 Kudos

TE5LA
Underground

The old receivers will not work with Pandora or SiriusXM. Only the newer receivers that are compatible with the Heos app will work. But nobody from Marantz, Pandora, nor SiriusXM seem to know this, because I contacted all of them. I have a Cinema 60 now and it works.

I'm not sure now about my decision to buy Marantz. I had to return the first Cinema 60 because on first trying to use, it popped my right front speaker cone about an inch out, and nothing was playing, then the receiver shut down.  The replacement works, but pops in the center speaker when you activate certain functions and when powering off the system. I never had this issue with my Pioneer Elite SC-07. 

0 Kudos

hinkletwinkle
Local Performer

You are correct.  Just got off the phone with Marantz and that's what they said.  They also said to call Pandora and ask them to provide then a new patch.  Hate buying quality equipment and having it become absolute in less than 10 years.  The same XM issue took place about 4 years ago.  If I have to replace my receive every 5-10 years, I'm going to buy something less expensive.

0 Kudos

TE5LA
Underground

Exactly. I try to buy gear that will outlast me. I only upgraded from my Pioneer because I wanted to pass a 4K video signal.

I found Pandora to be only slightly more concerned than SiriusXM, so I wouldn't hold my breath that they'd do any patching.

0 Kudos

Supp99
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue and I’m pissed off about it bc the sound quality is worse compared to pandora via airplay which works.  

0 Kudos