cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

Joemanfu
Underground

I just updated the Pandora app on my Sony Bravia XBR-55X700D Android TV, and now the "Shuffle" option is gone. What happened? I've been an paying subscriber for almost a decade now and you've removed the only reason I have to use your service?

Before the "moderator" shows up... It's a Sony Bravia XBR-55X700D. There are no error codes or messages. The "Shuffle" station is just gone now.

Can we, as paying customers, get real help from a human being instead of a flow-chart following bot?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Joemanfu

Here on community, we are all human beings, no bots. 

From your Android TV, try changing the sorting list to A-Z for your stations. You should see the option to shuffle return to the top. 

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

AKS
Local Performer

What was the solution?  Having same problem today.  No shuffle!

Joemanfu
Underground

I've already done that. Still no shuffle. Shuffle was at least listed in the "S" section of my collection in previous updates. Nothing nowhere now.

Deleted and reinstalled app. Still nothing.

Human response please. Thank you.

0 Kudos

DannFox
Local Performer

Same here.

bloopeanut
Underground

@TannerPandora - I am having the same issue on my Altice One TV app.  In addition to "Shuffle" being gone from the top of the channel list, the "Thumbprint Radio" channel is also missing.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @Joemanfu. I've gone ahead and created a ticket for this and passed it along to our engineers for further investigation.

++

@bloopeanut thanks for letting us know! I've added your info to the ticket. Could you follow up with a model number of your Altice set-top box? Thank you!

I'm going to investigate your missing Thumbprint Radio and get back to you. 

++

@AKS and @DannFox I moved your posts over to this thread since you're having a similar issue. 

Can you let me know the type of device and the model number. I'll add your info to the ticket. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bloopeanut

I was looking into your Thumbprint Radio and I'm able to view and play it from the web. Is it only missing on your Altice One? 

Are you able to check on another device? Let me know. 

0 Kudos

padupadup02
Underground

Same problem - Denon AVR-S700W. NO SHUFFLE.

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @padupadup02.

I've included your info on your ticket. We're currently investigating. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

Saddlebrookejim
Underground

I can no longer locate Thumbprint on my kindle fire, have been using Pandora for many years

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Saddlebrookejim - thanks for posting to community! I moved your post over to: Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio 

Is this only happening on your Kindle? Do you see your Thumbprint Radio on your iPad?

0 Kudos

Joemanfu
Underground

Oh boy. "Investigating." I'll be investigating other streaming services. Thanks for the do-nothing, feel-good robo responses, Pandora.

0 Kudos

Saddlebrookejim
Underground

The thumbprint option is no longer listed on my Yamaha AV controller on both Kindle fire and I pad. I did locate Shuffle in the search, Is this the same as Thumbprint? Thx

Saddlebrookejim
Underground

It is happening both on Kindle and I pad controlling Yamaha AV controller, I was able to bring bach shuffle, is that the same?

0 Kudos

Saddlebrookejim
Underground

I always believed the Shuffle was for artists and thumbprint was for specific songs, is Various Artists now in place of Thumbprint?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @Saddlebrookejim - sounds like you're having the same issue as @bloopeanut

I'm going to include your info on our ticket that we're investigating.  

To answer your question, Thumbprint Radio uses your thumbs to create a unique listening experience by playing both thumbed-up and non-thumbed tracks from across all your stations. 

Your Shuffle Station will shuffle all your selected stations that you have collected on your account. 

Thanks for your patience while we look into this. 

DannFox
Local Performer

Roku.

0 Kudos

tjparty2007
Local Performer

My shuffle option is completely gone from my fire stick and from my LG TV...... Where did it go. I was able to turn off the TV and it would come back on. It is completely gone now.

On my fire stick, I downloaded Pandora and signed on with only to find the same issue. This is very discouraging and frustrating. 

I see that this is a problem for many people. What gives? Fix this please..

Not to mention a few days ago, I only had two offline stations compared to the three before. 

This is not good!

0 Kudos

bloopeanut
Underground

@TannerPandora Thanks for checking on this.  I'm able to use the Shuffle feature on pandora.com on my Win 10 PC.  The issue on both appears to be only on Altice One for me.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos