cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modes available with voice commands?

notkafka
Local Performer

Hi, there i have pandora premium on google home.

In the past I've been using voice commands like "Play Elton John on Pandora". But frankly I wish I had more options.

I see this page https://help.pandora.com/s/article/Tips-to-improve-stations-1519949305949?language=en_US which offers Pandora Modes which would be great. I just don't know if I can specify that with a voice command.

I tried "Play Vera Lynn Crowd Faves" but I'm not sure if that works.

Also: the primary interface I use is through voice. Is there a list of voice commands you can use to  browse pandora stations. Is there a pattern of voice commands by style or genre which I can use? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @notkafka Welcome to community!

Unfortunately, voice commands while using Modes is not currently a feature. However, we love to hear  feedback like this. Feel free to visit our Ideas Board to post your suggestion.

Here are some examples of commands you can use with Google Home: 

• "OK Google,"

... play my Summer Jams playlist.

...play the song Saving Grace by Tom Petty.

• "Hey Google,"

...play my Thumbprint Radio. 

...skip this song. 

• "Hey Google,"

...play the song that goes “She’s just a small town girl, living in a lonely world.”

As long as Pandora is set as your primary music provider, your Google Home device will automatically take these actions on Pandora.

If Pandora is not set as your primary music provider, you'll need to specify that you want to listen to "my Thumbprint Radio on Pandora."

If you're listening to a radio station on Pandora, you can also say "OK Google, thumb up this song," or "Hey Google, I like this song" to give a thumb rating to the currently playing track. 

You may also find some additional commands from the Listen to music on Google Nest speakers and displays help page.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos