cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONN/ Google TV Box: Must log in every time when selecting Pandora

dewnes1829
Underground

Hi -- I am running Pandora on my ONN / Google TV streaming box. It requires a log-in every time I select it. The play button does not start any music -- the time counter just stays on 0:00. Then I log in once again and everything is fine. I assume that by default Pandora signs out when you turn the TV off. How can I fix this and make Pandora stay signed in? Thanks so much. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

dewnes1829
Underground

Hi again -- I *think* (although not positive) that deleting cache and data and then re-logging back in fixed the problem. So I'm good for now. I will let you know if I have any other issues. Thanks for your assistance.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @dewnes1829 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your ONN Google TV box.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Could you clarify your experience a bit more. To confirm, you're required to log in each time you've exited the Pandora app, even in the same day? Or does this happen several days later? When you exit Pandora, do you pause the music and return to the home screen?

Lastly, have you tried any troubleshooting steps prior to reaching out? If so, what steps did you try?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dewnes1829
Underground

Hello -- thanks much for getting back to me! You asked a good question. I think it has to do with when I turn the TV off -- the ONN remote is able to power itself off and also the TV if you follow the guide (page 14 of this PDF shows how to do that). So when I turn off the TV with the remote and later turn it back on I have to log in on Pandora again. Pandora remembers the last tune I listened to but when I press the play button nothing happens -- the time counter stays on zero. If I log in again everything is fine. Today I've had the TV on for about 4 hours and when I went back to Pandora it was working just fine. But I generally don't click on "Exit App" I just use the 'back' button on the remote to go to whatever else I'm watching or listening to. 

Maybe I could try exiting the app and then turning off the TV. Would that keep me logged in? I'm willing to try anything you suggest. Thanks again for contacting me about this. 

0 Kudos

dewnes1829
Underground

Hi -- were you able to find out anything on this issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dewnes1829 

Thanks for the reply - sorry for the delay, I was out of the office.

Your experience is very interesting. I am curious if you exit the app and then turn of the TV if you'll have a different experience. Would you mind trying and reporting back if you have a different experience?

I'm not sure if these steps will apply to your specific device, they do apply to other Google/Android TVs so they may work. If you're able, try these steps to clear the data to see if there is any changes.

• On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
  • Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
    • Select Apps.
  • Under System apps, select Pandora.
  • Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
    • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
  • Select Clear data, then select Ok.
    • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok

If these steps don't help I'll pass this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dewnes1829
Underground

Ok, thanks much. I am in the process of doing these things. Exiting the app and turning the TV on did not help. I was still signed out. Will let you know of the other outcomes. 

-Allen

dewnes1829
Underground

Hi again -- I *think* (although not positive) that deleting cache and data and then re-logging back in fixed the problem. So I'm good for now. I will let you know if I have any other issues. Thanks for your assistance.

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it, @dewnes1829!

If it isn't resolved, or comes back at a later time, feel free to let us know and we can pass this on to our engineering teams for further review.

Thanks for listening!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos