cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Premium refuses to play a particular song via Google Assistant

motadol
Local Performer

When I say "Hey Google, play Bare Necessities," it always selects the "Reprise" from the album rather than the full length track. For the life of me, I cannot get the full version to be played via Google Home.

Things I've tried:

• "The Bare Necessities": Plays the reprise.
  • Adding it to My Collections: Same result
  • "The Bare Necessities from My Collections": Same result.
  • "The Bare Necessities from The Essential Disney Collection" (or any other album that has this version of the song): Same result - still plays the Reprise, even though the reprise isn't on that album!
  • "Track 4 from The Jungle Book Album": Selects the the Bare Necessities but from a different album!
  • "Track 4 from the 1997 [or 1990] Jungle Book Album": Google says "I looked for ... but it either isn't available or can't be played right now.
  • Selecting the song manually via the app and casting it to Home: Works but is not an acceptable solution. I want to request this song via Google Home, not the app.

Any ideas? I would have thought adding to My Collections would make Pandora prefer that version, but evidently not. This is maddening.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @flybob thanks for posting to community!

To clarify, are you requesting a specific song or album? The reason I ask is because I've taken a look at your account and see that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus, not Premium. Since requesting a specific song, artist or album falls under the category of on-demand content and on-demand is only feature of Pandora Premium.

However, as a Plus subscriber you should be able to request Google to play your stations, for example, "Hey Google, play Jazz Radio" and it should play your Jazz Radio station. 

If you do request a song, "Play Radioactive by Imagine Dragons", a station that plays similar songs by related artists will be created.

Similarly, if you request an album, “Play Hardwired by Metallica”, a station will be created that plays songs similar to songs found on the album.

Check out this page for more information about voice controls while listening to Pandora on your Google Home.

Hope this was helpful. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @motadol thanks for posting to community! 

This is definitely an interesting result with your Google Home. I'm going to do a little investigation and will follow up with you. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

flybob
Local Performer

My account is doing the same thing. How do I fix this, please? I'm paying for a feature that isn't there.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @flybob thanks for posting to community!

To clarify, are you requesting a specific song or album? The reason I ask is because I've taken a look at your account and see that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus, not Premium. Since requesting a specific song, artist or album falls under the category of on-demand content and on-demand is only feature of Pandora Premium.

However, as a Plus subscriber you should be able to request Google to play your stations, for example, "Hey Google, play Jazz Radio" and it should play your Jazz Radio station. 

If you do request a song, "Play Radioactive by Imagine Dragons", a station that plays similar songs by related artists will be created.

Similarly, if you request an album, “Play Hardwired by Metallica”, a station will be created that plays songs similar to songs found on the album.

Check out this page for more information about voice controls while listening to Pandora on your Google Home.

Hope this was helpful. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos