cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora app for Galaxy Watch

flagg747
Local Performer

Is Pandora going to make an app for the Galaxy Watch like Spotify? Its crazy that Spotify has one and Pandora does not. Does anyone know how to make Pandora work on the Watch's mobile network?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @flagg747  thanks for posting to community! 

We currently don't offer an app for standalone playback for Android watches. I'd recommend visiting our Feature Request forum. From here you can post new ideas or like those ideas you'd like to see on Pandora. 

Looks like someone has posted a suggestion for Galaxy watches already, you can find the post here. Be sure to upvote this idea!

Thanks again for being part of community. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @flagg747  thanks for posting to community! 

We currently don't offer an app for standalone playback for Android watches. I'd recommend visiting our Feature Request forum. From here you can post new ideas or like those ideas you'd like to see on Pandora. 

Looks like someone has posted a suggestion for Galaxy watches already, you can find the post here. Be sure to upvote this idea!

Thanks again for being part of community. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rubiles
Local Performer

Will Pandora be available on Samsung Galaxy watches in the near future?

TannerPandora

Hi @rubiles thanks for posting!

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Pandora app for Galaxy Watch

Unfortunately, I don't have any additional info on a timeline for when you may expect to see this. However, we do have a feature request post about this in our Feature Request board. If you haven't already, feel free to visit here and give a vote that you'd like to see this available for Galaxy Watches. 

The more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Brasdill13
Local Performer

I've loaded Pandora app to Galaxy watch 3 and it's asking for me to generate a PIN from app on phone? Please advise on how to generate this PIN.

TannerPandora

Hi @Brasdill13 - thanks for posting!

It sounds like you're trying to activate your watch by the Device Activation tab. This tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

The Galaxy Watch connects to Pandora via bluetooth only and doesn't required a PIN. As long as your Samsung Gear smartwatch is connected via Bluetooth, you can launch Pandora from your phone and the controls should appear on your watch.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mexkobe24
Local Performer

I am getting the same thing that Btasdill13 is getting. The app that was installed is Pandor Pro and has an orange lock for a logo

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mexkobe24! Thanks for posting. 

Can you do me a favor and send over a picture or screenshot of what you're seeing on your Galaxy Watch? 

There is another app called Pandora Pro that is available within the app store, however, this is not Pandora Radio. The app Pandora Pro  allows you to control your own car or fleet by a phone.

The Galaxy Watch connects via Bluetooth only and does not require a pin. 

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jude525
Local Performer

A thought I had: maybe if we all flood customer service directly with this issue it will get some attention. I just answered a questionnaire on the Pandora site and made it clear why I was thinking of leaving. Based on other software companies' lack of response, I don't thing most companies even watch these threads. I mean, after all, they've dumped the responsibility for training and troubleshooting on their customers already, rather than hiring actual employees to do the job.

This is such a sad change from the days when companies actually supported their products. Anyone old enough to remember software manuals???

0 Kudos

MusicFan1234
Local Performer

They do not seem to have one one.

Yes you can control pandora from the phone using the "samsung music app" but this is not the same as a standalone app.

I want a standalone app so I can use my watch and ear buds without having to drag my phone around. I have been waiting for a pandora app for the andriod/samsung based watches since the launch of the gear3 (2016) - its now almost four years later. Clearly pandora just does not care to grow this part of the market or care about gaining market share here...  

I just registered for a Spotify account to see if it would work with my watch while only using cell and not being connected to Bluetooth or wifi. 

Guess what, it works!

So I will be canceling my pandora account and switching to Spotify - at least I can use the app across all the devices I have. Sorry just tired of waiting on Pandora for something they dont even comment on. 

TannerPandora

Hi everyone!

As long as your Samsung Gear smartwatch is connected via Bluetooth, you can launch Pandora from your phone and the controls should appear on your watch.

Unfortunately, there isn't the ability to launch Pandora directly from your Samsung watch.

There is a Feature Request for this idea in our Feature Request Board. Click here to upvote this idea or comment. 

I'll be closing this thread to future comments. Be sure to visit the above link if you'd like to see this feature. 

Thanks again for being part of community. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lf103457
Local Performer

I purchased a galaxy 6 for I already am locked in a phone that I am extremely happy with. I have an active life where I bought a galaxy watch 6 to become more active and comfortable. More happy. But there is a MAJOR set back. Pandora. I have a pandora premium account that is ALWAYS ON FOR THE GOOD TIMES!!!! But I'm extremely upset that I cannot use pandora on my watch. I'm ready to cancel my pandora premium and solidify my subscription with my new music streaming app that works on the watch 6. Unfortunate... very unfortunate. 

0 Kudos