Local Performer

Need to know why my samsung tv does not play pandora

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
73 Replies

gezab
Local Performer

I've read every response on this thread and I have yet to hear one reasonable solution except for someone who stumbled on what appears to be simply a unique fix.  I am having the same trouble; it started today.  Only one son plays at at time; the song ends either exactly at 9 or 10 seconds before it completes.  The play stops at that point and will not continue unless I click on the "Play" icon.  I am NOT using an app; I have been using my browser.  This occurs with Edge and with Chrome.  I have tried all of the other voodoo remedies:  I closed and reopened the browser.  I have turn off the laptop and restarted.  I have logged out of my account and logged in again.  The only way to get Pandora to keep playing ON THIS COMPUTER was to log out and then create a new account.  I WAS able to play Pandora on my Apple phone using my account.  This bug seems to be specific to this account, on this computer.  NONE of the other supposed "Fixes" fixed anything.

teddymac
Local Performer

Just had the same issue... I had an ad blocker active. The fix was to disable it for pandora.com

jellybiscuit
Local Performer

This started happening for me today. 

Windows 10 using both Chrome and Edge.

In my case, disabling Adblock Plus for the site might have possibly allowed continuous play again. I've been using it this way for many many years. First time I've ever seen it. I have a paid account.

[edit] 20 minutes later, it's still playing. Not sure why Pandora is attacking adblocks when no ads are being played. 

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @teddymac @samcginty @pmurray63 @fanattic1 @PeterJ @gezab. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I do see some ad-block mentions on this thread.

• Could you confirm whether any error messages are popping up with this happens?
    • If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Do you have an ad-blocker enabled? 
    • If so, could you try to allowlist Pandora on your web browser?
    • You can find out more information about to do that here.

++

@jellybiscuit Thank you for mentioning ad blocker.

Are you still having trouble today? In the meantime, we're looking into this.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

lindnet
Underground

I'm also having this issue.  Started today, Windows 10, Chrome.  I've done the troubleshooting steps.  It plays about 2-3 minutes of a song and stops.  It will play again if I push Play, but stops again in the next song.

TheRedBear
Local Performer

So when I'm playing Pandora on my Computer, it's starting to only play one song and stops. I then I have to tell it to play pandora after each song. It was working fine yesterday. Does anybody know why?

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @lindnet @TheRedBear @TheWoodser. 👋

To keep everything organized, I moved your posts over to this existing thread: Music Stops 10 Seconds Before the Song is Done

Please check out my post about this here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

lindnet
Underground

Turning off the ad blocker on the Pandora site stopped the behavior.  It's played 3 songs in a row now without stopping.

redheadedcarol
Local Performer

I am listening to a station on my desktop and Pandora pauses before the end of each song. There is no error message. I have tried logging out and back in with no fix.

Any fixes? Many thanks! 

fanattic1
Underground

It works with all adblocks off.  I saw something at the bottom of the screen with adwiz in the name when I first disabled it.

Why did it it suddenly start doing this?

Why do I need to disable adblockers when I have a premium account and should not see ads anyway?

I agree that this is a programming error.

Assetman
Local Performer

Started having the same problem today. Everything has worked fine for months. Today, the program is playing and then stops for no apparent reason. Playing in chrome on windows 10 desktop. Checked the standard solutions, rebooted work station, reinstalled app.  This is very frustrating. 

Razorlor
Local Performer

This fixed my issues as well, just disable it locally on Pandora.

MrsPipes0517
Local Performer

Hi, just this morning my computer Pandora is stopping right before the end of every song. I've ran everything upgrade and rebooting my router and computer.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@redheadedcarol Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

pmurray63
Local Performer

I use uBlock Origin, so I turned it off for the site, and everything seems to be working well again.

Side note: Your "How to Allowlist Pandora with your Ad Blocker" doesn't mention uBlock Origin, so you might want to add it. Fortunately it was so simple that even I can figure it out: You just click on the toolbar icon, and when the window comes up, you click on the big power button to turn it off for the site you're at.

Thanks for the quick reply.

chuchuoi
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

I have a same problem.  I have Windows on a HP laptop.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@chuchuoi To clarify, are you using our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for the help!

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Assetman. 👋

Thanks for posting about this! Could you check out my post about this issue here? Let me know if this helps or whether the issue persists.

++

@pmurray63 Thank you for that helpful feedback - I've passed this suggestion along to the appropriate party on your behalf.

@Razorlor Thanks for letting us know! 

@lindnet Thank you for confirming that. I've still passed this along to our web team so that they can investigate. 👍

CoachVince
Underground

same thing happening to me..song pauses with about 10 seconds left and is stuck there

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CoachVince Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Let me know.