cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora won't play almost any song that I request.

Jimmyboy11
Local Performer

I've used Pandora for over a decade.  Now it won't play almost anything that I request.  I finally got Pandora to play Pentatonix Holiday music on my computer but can't get it through Alexa.   Can't get it to play Bing Crosby/David Bowe music.  I upgraded thinking songs would play.  I've spent about as much time on this as I can.  I'll be canceling my membership by Christmas.

Labels (1)
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jimmyboy11 Sorry for any trouble playing Pandora.

I checked your account and I do see that you've contacted our support team about this. I've confirmed that someone will be reaching out to you about this shortly. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

snowturtlegates
Local Performer

same thing just happened to me,  i did the trial upgrade and now it will not work at all

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @snowturtlegates thanks for posting - sorry to hear this. 

Can you tell me a bit more about your device?

• What is the make and model?
  • What happens when you open Pandora?
  • Is there an error message (if yes, what exactly does it say)?

Let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MS2
Local Performer

I click play song and this is not working. 

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MS2! 👋🏻

Thanks for posting to community!

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jozinho
Local Performer

sooooo you never answered the question. Pandora opens up and just sits there with no time elapsing in the song that is showing and it also shows at 0 time on the song- rebooted several times. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jozinho 

If you're having trouble with Pandora, I'm happy to take a closer look. Can you let me know a little more about your experience. Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model?

Thanks for the help.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jozinho
Local Performer
it is on a desktop with microsoft edge, i agreed to a free trial now after that was over it shows a song and won't play it, when I click play it switches to a new song, click again and it goes to another song 
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jozinho - thanks for following up.

I took a closer look at your account. I just wanted to clarify that you enabled a feature called Premium Access. This allows you to play an on-demand song, album, or playlist by listening to a short advertisement. Your account will then be temporarily transitioned to our Premium experience giving you access to all the features. Once the session is over, you'll automatically be transitioned back to the free ad-supported experience. This is a little different than a trial which usually requires a credit card or debit card payment to be provided.

Circling back to your experience. It sounds like when your session ended the other day and you tried to listen to another track it no longer prompts you to listen to an advertisement and instead seems to get stuck.

I tried to replicate your experience on my end through your account, but wasn't able to. In your post, you mentioned this happening on Microsoft Edge. Would you mind trying another web browser like Chrome or Firefox. I'd like to determine if this is browser related issue or something broader.

I appreciate your help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jozinho
Local Performer
it works in chrome ! thanks 
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @jozinho.

Glad to hear Pandora is working well in Chrome.

If you'd like to try Microsoft Edge again in the future and are still having trouble. I recommend trying out these support steps from our help page: Edge Troubleshooting

Have a great Friday!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos