cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcast doesn't resume on correct episode

Jonafree
Opening Act

Whenever I listen to a podcast on a mobile device (Android or iOS) and close Pandora, the next time I open that podcast again Pandora opens a previously listened-to episode. This makes it very tedious to navigate podcasts with lots of episodes - I need to go to the podcast page and select the right the podcast manually! Can you please teach Pandora to remember what podcast episode I was listening to last?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonafree
Opening Act

Update: Whatever is going on under Pandora's hood, something went wonderfully right. My podcasts now resume on the right podcast episode, at the right spot in the episode. Episode progress syncs quickly across Android, iOS, and desktop web platforms. THANK YOU! You have no idea how happy this makes me. This has already saved me much time and frustration.

FYI @AdamPandora 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jonafree Thanks for posting your experience to the community.

Can you please try running through the troubleshooting steps on our help page for both Android and iOS to see if that fixes the problem?

If that doesn't help, can you please follow up with additional information about each of your devices? 

Information about your Android device:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Information about your iOS device:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jonafree
Opening Act

Hi @AdamPandora, thanks for getting back to me.

I followed the troubleshooting instructions for Android and iOS without any luck.

Information about my Android device:

• Model: LG V20
  • Carrier: H2O Wireless
  • Android version: 8.0.0
  • Build number: OPR1.170623.032
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): N/A
  • Pandora version: 2006.2

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Wi-fi

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? The error has happened across multiple podcasts. The error is contained within each podcast - it does switch to another podcast. The error seems to sometimes favor certain podcast episodes, but I have not figured out why. It doesn't matter if the episode was partly or fully viewed. For example, today when I hit play to listen to Sneak Attack (it should have gone to episode 41) it went to the middle of Sneak Attack, Episode 18 - Aftermath. It still wanted to load Episode 18, but at a different place in the podcast, after closing the app and repeating the process.   

Information about my iOS device:

• Device & Generation: 6s
  • Carrier: Verizon 41.1
  • iOS version: 13.5.1
  • Pandora version: 2006.2

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Wi-fi

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? See above, the error pattern seems very similar.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for all the info @Jonafree!

I've created a ticket and passed on your info along to our engineers for further investigation. I'll post updates here as they are made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Jonafree
Opening Act

Update: Whatever is going on under Pandora's hood, something went wonderfully right. My podcasts now resume on the right podcast episode, at the right spot in the episode. Episode progress syncs quickly across Android, iOS, and desktop web platforms. THANK YOU! You have no idea how happy this makes me. This has already saved me much time and frustration.

FYI @AdamPandora 

TannerPandora

Hi @Jonafree!  Thanks for following up and glad to hear this is fixed! 🎉

Closing this thread out. Should you or anyone experience this issue again the future, please create a new post. 

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos