cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 2/9/21: DirecTV - Won't Load - "Performing system maintenance" error

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 02/09/2020: The issue where listeners were unable to load Pandora on your DirecTV consoles should now be resolved.

If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for being part of the community! 

Pandora Update 02/08/2021: Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to the community. If you're new here and are unable to load Pandora on your DirecTV consoles we're working on it, and thank you for your continued patience.

I’ve merged all of your posts into a single thread here to help keep things organized.

If you see your post here, I’ve gone ahead and added your info to our ticket. If you’re new and would like to be added to our ticket, in your post please include the model number of your device. To find the model number: Press MENU on your remote. Select Settings, then Info & Test to see your receiver info.

In the meantime, I’ll be making updates in this thread as they are made available to me.

Thanks for your understanding and patience while we continue to investigate.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 02/09/2020: The issue where listeners were unable to load Pandora on your DirecTV consoles should now be resolved.

If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for being part of the community! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

25 Replies

GM01
Local Performer

Same problem, but only on Sony TV linked to Directv.  Was able to "activate" Pandora on the Sony website--but just through the TV's internet connection, not thru DirectV

0 Kudos

TerezD68
Local Performer

When I try to launch Pandora, the tv freezes in launching phase. Other apps work on tv, and Pandora works on other devices.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

Keninnm
Local Performer

Pandora has been 'Performing maintenance' on DirecTV for the past 3 or 4 days now...  can anyone at Pandora music tell us when this will be finished..?

0 Kudos

4allmusic
Local Performer

still having trouble & it started yesterday

0 Kudos

copterdude
Local Performer

I have same problem.  All day yesterday I got a message about system maintenance.  Today it is hung up on launching phase.

0 Kudos

ruben2
Local Performer

the problem is i can't start pandora on my direct tv and going in and is not an option.it states on the bottom of the tv screen systems problem and for 3 days.i called direct tv and they say pandora is a third party and i have to contact them.wgen i called pandora they referred my to a buy an expert advice and it was a lawyers office. 

0 Kudos

ruben2
Local Performer

i guess no solution?

0 Kudos

ruben2
Local Performer

can anyone answer me?thx

0 Kudos

OldSalt
Local Performer

Same problem here with my connection through DirectTV. Remember a couple of years back, Pandora had upgraded their software and my older HD receiver needed an update for Direct TV. Hope that is not the issue again because it took Direct TV months to correct the issue.

0 Kudos

JohnM1
Local Performer

I started getting the same message while trying to access Pandora on the TV (via DirecTv) 5 days ago.  That changed to the "please wait" screen a couple of days ago; it never gets past that now. I did a lengthy reboot session with DirecTv tech staff yesterday but that didn't change anything.  I can get Pandora on my phone and computer.  Maddening...

0 Kudos

JohnM1
Local Performer

TV is LG model 50UK6300PUE, cable service is DirecTv, and no, not able to stream Pandora today or the past 5 days.  Started with the message about 'system maintenance, try again later' and now will stay on the 'please wait' screen until I turn the TV off.

0 Kudos

nancy
Local Performer

Phillips TV, Directv.  The message about maintenance is gone now it say checking connection and quickly goes to Please Wait with the moving bar which will not go away unless I turn off the TV.  I can get Pandora on my pc but not on the tv.  I have another app on my firestick.

0 Kudos

JohnM1
Local Performer

Same problem here for the past 7 days.  Started with "system down for maintenance" screen the first 2 days (trying to launch on DirecTv) then when it would get to the "please wait" screen it would stay stuck on that for eternity and never open.  Did a long reboot/troubleshooting session with DirecTv tech staff a couple of days ago with no success.  This is very disappointing given I just renewed Pandora Plus last month and no one seems to be able to fix this.

0 Kudos

alexander7
Local Performer

After Pandora performed maintenance, all I get now is the message on TV " is "please wait'. I have waited for more 15 minutes and nothing happens.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

I’ve merged all of your posts into a single thread here to help keep things organized. We’re aware of this issue and our engineering team is currently investigating.

If you see your post here, I’ve gone ahead and added your info to our ticket. If you’re new and would like to be added to our ticket, in your post please include the model number of your device. To find the model number: Press MENU on your remote. Select Settings, then Info & Test to see your receiver info.

In the meantime, I’ll be making updates in this thread as they are made available to me.

Thanks for your understanding and patience while we investigate.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

duckhunter4fun
Local Performer

Same problem as everyone else, system maintenance then please wait only to turn off tv to clear message, then today it said account no longer active. I logged out thinking I could log back in, but now it says Welcome, describes pandora, I click next, and the message remains with the next button remaining, there is no where to log in or obtain a activation code to enter here on my app. I'm really beginning to hate direct tv.

0 Kudos

mccabin
Underground

For the past week we had same "performing system maintenance" on the Directv App. As of today 2/08/21 the App says "account no longer active". I logged out of the App on Directv and cannot get a "welcome" on the app to re-set up. Help pleaseUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c2b0.jpgIMG_6410D.jpg

0 Kudos

dcic
Underground

message says Pandora not available on Direct TV.

0 Kudos

dcic
Underground

message says Pandora not available on Direct TV

0 Kudos