cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Squeezebox Error: Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not in the US?)

Mykal
Local Performer

I own a logitec squeezbox. Is Pandora no longer available as an app on Sqeezbox? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 10/20/20:

We have received word that this should now be resolved. 

This thread will now be closed from future comments. If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact Logitech directly for further assistance.

Thanks again! :pandora:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pandora Update 10/19/20:

Regarding the error message "Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not in the US?)" - it turns out this is a known issue on the Logitech side.

If you are receiving this error message, you will need to contact Logitech support for more information.

You can also follow along on this thread that is posted on their Community: Pandora thinks MySqueezebox.com is outside the U.S.

Based off of the comments that are posted on that thread, it appears Logitech is already looking into this.

Thanks for reporting everyone! :pandora:

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Jane1
Local Performer

I have long played Pandora on a Squeeze Box. 

"Getting error message: Client restricted due to licensing restrictions. Are you not in the U.S.?"

Suddenly, I'm getting the above error message.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

mod edit: format

gofast24
Opening Act

Gosh, my $300 Logitech Squeeze box is no longer supported by Pandora? It just stopped working this AM, get a message on remote " Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not in the USA?" Time to cancel Pandora? Why would Pandora stop supporting Squeeze box? How many subscribers will Pandora loose for just a Squeezebox firmware update?

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mykal Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Unfortunately, your device is no longer supported by Pandora, so we cannot provide any specific activation or troubleshooting steps for your device. However, it may still be possible to activate Pandora and listen on your device using some standard steps.

You can try the following steps to activate your device if you haven't already:

1. Launch the application
  2. Select New User.
  3. An activation page will appear with a code (do not turn off the device or navigate away from this screen)
  4. Go to a computer, visit www.pandora.com/ [brand of device, e.g., "samsung"] and enter the activation code
  5. Select Continue on the device.

If your device has already been activated but isn't working, first, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem:

• Try connecting directly via an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

If you continue to have trouble after trying these approaches, I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for more help.

Thanks so much for listening to Pandora! 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @gofast24 @Jane1. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced. Thanks so much for your feedback about this.

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this thread: Is Pandora available on Squeezebox?

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

In the meantime, I've shared this error message with our team to investigate from our end. Appreciate your patience during this process.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

j1llhedges
Local Performer

Same thing happening here! Bummer!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 10/20/20:

We have received word that this should now be resolved. 

This thread will now be closed from future comments. If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact Logitech directly for further assistance.

Thanks again! :pandora:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pandora Update 10/19/20:

Regarding the error message "Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not in the US?)" - it turns out this is a known issue on the Logitech side.

If you are receiving this error message, you will need to contact Logitech support for more information.

You can also follow along on this thread that is posted on their Community: Pandora thinks MySqueezebox.com is outside the U.S.

Based off of the comments that are posted on that thread, it appears Logitech is already looking into this.

Thanks for reporting everyone! :pandora:

torsed
Local Performer

Logitech doesn't support these devices as they no longer sell them.  They still operate the Squeezebox.com site, probably as a courtesy to the owners of the countless devices they sold.  I believe they sold the business to skinny devices or something, but they only support the new devices they developed after acquiring it.

Regardless of the cause, there will be no help from Logitech for the legacy devices, so that leaves it up to Pandora to rectify this.  I've been streaming Pandora on my Squeezebox Boom for over a decade, and it will no longer work with the Pandora App, giving the 'Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not in the US?)' error.  I am in the US.  I can't get an activation code on the device, just the error message.

If you fix it, I promise I'll still listen to the commercials, as I have been for more than a decade.  Otherwise, the Slacker App still works.  Tell your Sirius bosses they probably need the listeners.

0 Kudos

Sy40avT9
Local Performer

Is anyone answering my question?

0 Kudos

gofast24
Opening Act

Cant find your question but my answer = AS of this AM I am getting Pandora and all my stations again on my Squeezebox Duet ! I did nothing on my end but it works again 

gofast24_0-1603194933557.png

Also, I dont get the commercials, I pay for the "commercial less" version !