cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 1/6/23: Certain servers timing out

Yakko
Underground

I listen to Pandora using the squeezebox sever software and I have noticed that certain Pandora track servers have been timing out over the last several weeks. I have been streaming with my current configuration for years, so this is a recent issue.

For the servers that are timing out I see messages like this in my software:

Can't open socket to [audio-usc-mp1-t1-1-v4v6.pandora.com:80]: 110: Connection timed out
Can't open socket to [audio-usc-mp1-t1-2-v4v6.pandora.com:80]: 110: Connection timed out

However other severs seem to be working fine:

audio-sv5-t1-1-v4v6.pandora.com
audio-sv5-t1-2-v4v6.pandora.com
audio-dc6-t1-2-v4v6.pandora.com

Are there any known issues with the audio-usc-mp1-xxx severs?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Yakko!  An engineer from our Netops teams has reached out to say that they believed that this issue was resolved yesterday (1/5/23) evening.

Can you let me know if you continue to have trouble?

Pandora Update: 1/10/23:

Since we believe this issue to be resolved I've closed out the thread to future responses.

If you have trouble with a similar issue in the future, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Yakko
Underground

@TannerPandoraMy question was not about the squeezebox hardware, rather it is about an issue I am seeing when accessing Pandora via the squeezebox server software (more correctly named the "Logitech Media Server"). The post title should reflect my original question about certain Pandora servers timing out / being down.

I have observed that at a protocol level when you ask for the next audio track from a Pandora station, some of the server names offered up for the second network call needed to retrieve the audio, point to servers that are timing out.

Can you check with someone on your network team to see if there are any issues with the audio-usc-mp1-t1-1-v4v6.pandora.com or audio-usc-mp1-t1-2-v4v6.pandora.com servers?

I have log examples showing the issue on the Logitech forums at: https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum/user-forums/logitech-media-server/1625706-multiple-pandora-time...

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Yakko! I've passed this along to the appropriate teams for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Yakko!  An engineer from our Netops teams has reached out to say that they believed that this issue was resolved yesterday (1/5/23) evening.

Can you let me know if you continue to have trouble?

Pandora Update: 1/10/23:

Since we believe this issue to be resolved I've closed out the thread to future responses.

If you have trouble with a similar issue in the future, please create a new post and reference this thread.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Yakko
Underground

@TannerPandoraThanks for checking into this. Things seem to be much more stable today. I haven't seen any streaming pauses.

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming, @Yakko! 🙌

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos