cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 12/21/22 - Amazon Fire devices: Blank grey screen

Flhsx2
Local Performer

i was listening to pandora on my firestick when my tv screen went blank. music still playing, i can still use pause, forward and rewind on the remote but i can't change stations since the screen is blank. 

when i re-open the app, the screen is good for a brief moment then goes blank.

i cleared cache- nothing 

checked for updates- nothing

re-installed app.- nothing

here's the thing i have the same problem on my other 4 firesticks hooked to their own tv's

any ideas, suggestions.

thanks.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 12/23/22

Thank you for confirming that this now fixed. I am closing this thread out to future replies and marking as resolved.

If you run into trouble with your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick in the future, please create a new post, and reference this thread if it's a similar issue.

Thanks again!

Pandora Update: 12/21/22

Hello everyone!

A fix has been recently pushed out that we believe will resolve the issue with the grey screen. In order to ensure that your device receives this update, we advise you to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app.

Let us know how it goes!

Pandora Update: 12/20/22

Hi all! Thanks for posting!

If you're having trouble with Pandora on your Amazon Fire devices, we've heard from some users that unplugging the device for a minimum of 30 seconds and then plugging it back in has helped them.

Additionally, if your device allows, I would also try clearing the data and the cache. For specific steps I would reference the manual for your particular device. The steps below may be helpful for some TVs.

• On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
  • Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
    • Select Apps.
  • Under System apps, select Pandora.
  • Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
    • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
  • Select Clear data, then select Ok.
    • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok

In the meantime, I've passed this along to our engineer team for further investigation. Those that have already posted to this thread, I've gone ahead and added you to our ticket.

If you're new to this thread, please include the model of your Amazon Fire device in your post and we'll be sure to add you.

Updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available to the community team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

14 Replies

jdaviscc
Underground

First I had to restart Pandora because the first song wouldn't play but for the last few days, I haven't had a picture on the TV but the sound is fine. There's a brief 1 second flash of the usual screen then it goes grey. Everything else on TV is working fine., as is the radio. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jdaviscc! Welcome to community! Sorry for any trouble with your TV.

Can you let me know the make and model of the TV. To confirm, does the playback stop as well, or does playback continue and the screen turns grey?

Before reaching out, did you try and troubleshooting? If so, can you let me know what you tried.

Thanks much.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ambivalent
Underground

I came to ask this same question.  I'm having the exact same problem.

0 Kudos

Bc13
Local Performer

Yep me too. Hoping for an answer. All of my fire stick tvs doing the same. 

0 Kudos

Karona
Local Performer

While playing Pandora through my TV using Amazon Fire TV there is no information displayed on the screen. It’s just a blank gray screen. Can’t navigate to change stations or anything.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 12/23/22

Thank you for confirming that this now fixed. I am closing this thread out to future replies and marking as resolved.

If you run into trouble with your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick in the future, please create a new post, and reference this thread if it's a similar issue.

Thanks again!

Pandora Update: 12/21/22

Hello everyone!

A fix has been recently pushed out that we believe will resolve the issue with the grey screen. In order to ensure that your device receives this update, we advise you to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app.

Let us know how it goes!

Pandora Update: 12/20/22

Hi all! Thanks for posting!

If you're having trouble with Pandora on your Amazon Fire devices, we've heard from some users that unplugging the device for a minimum of 30 seconds and then plugging it back in has helped them.

Additionally, if your device allows, I would also try clearing the data and the cache. For specific steps I would reference the manual for your particular device. The steps below may be helpful for some TVs.

• On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
  • Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
    • Select Apps.
  • Under System apps, select Pandora.
  • Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
    • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
  • Select Clear data, then select Ok.
    • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok

In the meantime, I've passed this along to our engineer team for further investigation. Those that have already posted to this thread, I've gone ahead and added you to our ticket.

If you're new to this thread, please include the model of your Amazon Fire device in your post and we'll be sure to add you.

Updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available to the community team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jdaviscc
Underground

The TV is a Vizio, model D501-F1. The music plays just fine but after a 1 second flash of what I normally see, the screen turns grey. Everything else works fine on the TV. I don't know how to troubleshoot this since I can't see anything. 

0 Kudos

zippyshoe
Underground

I am also having exactly the same problem. This problem began occurring this afternoon. I have tried all of the following steps:

1. Clear the cache.

2. Clear Data.

3. Re-installed the app.

4. Unplugged the Firestick for 60 seconds and plugged it back in.

None of the above steps have resolved the issue for me.

0 Kudos

qui-gon-george
Local Performer

I first had the issue on my Gen 1 Amazon Fire TV a couple days ago. Problem still exists. Now today I'm having the issue on my Nvidia Shield TV, too. 

0 Kudos

ERM74
Local Performer

I’m having the blank screen on my fire stick as well. Clearing the cache and data does not work.

0 Kudos

jdaviscc
Underground

YAY! it's fixed now and I didn't have to do anything. 

TannerPandora

Awesome, @jdaviscc! Thanks for confirming. 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Flhsx2
Local Performer

yep that did the trick. i didn't have to do anything either.

thanks to everyone who piped in and thanks to the team that fixed the issue. 

qui-gon-george
Local Performer

Yup, that fix resolved the issue for both of my devices. Thank you!