cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved 7/18/24): Xfinity + Samsung: Playback stops, or won't play - song length set to 0

steverizz
Underground

xfinity pandora freezes.  It plays an ad and one or two songs.  then no sound for 2 songs, then resumes and repeats.  when there is no sound, it looks like a song is playing except it is at zero seconds and the song length is zero seconds.  I can select pause and play again, but nothing happens.  It will change artists and songs and the same no sound phenomenom happens again.  It will start back up eventually, but the pauses continue.  How do I uninstall and reinstall?  I am playing pandora on an LG TV, but I use xfinity blue microphone button to say, "play shuffle on pandora" and it goes to the 3rd party pandora ap.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
72 Replies

motoant
Opening Act

Can you get Amazon music on your TV?

0 Kudos

Rpemoller
Local Performer
Yes no problem 

Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Get Outlook for Android

motoant
Opening Act

OK, today I've had (so far) 30 minutes of uninterrupted music with no issues so it looks like the problem has been fixed. If it goes south again I'll post about but until then thanks to the Pandora people for fixing this. I can now do proper bong hits with my music so it's a good day.

0 Kudos

nangil
Underground

Update: My Pandora app on my Samsung tv has been working normally for the past two hours with no issues.  It does indeed look like Pandora has fixed the problem of no sound. However, time will tell.  I am cautiously optimistic.

0 Kudos

RC869AOL
Local Performer

Hi-  As one of the originators to report this issue, I have been running the Pandora on my Comcast uninterrupted for 4 Hours now and that is a good thing so far.   However, the one thing that I do notice is the quality of the App Playing seemed to have been a better quality previously.  When I load the Pandora App that is directly on my Sony TV, it plays a better quality sound now than the Cocast/XFinity App is currently doing.

Does anyone else notice this?

0 Kudos

motoant
Opening Act

I've noticed that if I play through my Samsung it's only louder at the same volume setting than if I play it through Xfinity but as far as quality it's the same to my ears.

0 Kudos

RC869AOL
Local Performer
Mine sounds tonally richer and has more depth.

Sent Via Wireless Device. Please Excuse Any Typos.
0 Kudos

cpg1959
Local Performer

Yes, it is an APP listed on the Xfinity Service

0 Kudos

marinobruce
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with Pandora, an xfinity internet provider, and samsung smart tv . Please let us know how to resolve this. 

0 Kudos

marinobruce
Local Performer

It would be helpful to post a note with a solution and explanation to all who have this issue. The components are similar which means the problem is not random.

0 Kudos

zeldahof
Underground
The FIX was completed yesterday. I used Pandora all day without an issue.
0 Kudos

Ltsakids
Underground
Yay!  Seems to be good here too!
0 Kudos

cpg1959
Local Performer

agree, what was broken on Pandora's side, a little transparency will go a long way

0 Kudos