cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved 7/18/24): Xfinity + Samsung: Playback stops, or won't play - song length set to 0

steverizz
Underground

xfinity pandora freezes.  It plays an ad and one or two songs.  then no sound for 2 songs, then resumes and repeats.  when there is no sound, it looks like a song is playing except it is at zero seconds and the song length is zero seconds.  I can select pause and play again, but nothing happens.  It will change artists and songs and the same no sound phenomenom happens again.  It will start back up eventually, but the pauses continue.  How do I uninstall and reinstall?  I am playing pandora on an LG TV, but I use xfinity blue microphone button to say, "play shuffle on pandora" and it goes to the 3rd party pandora ap.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
72 Replies

TMaz
Local Performer

I did change my router I went to a gateway it's the same thing it's definitely that app.

Yes thank you I'm Infinity customer and when I open up the Pandora app on the Xfinity screen it will play a song and stop I either have to change and that genre if I want the hits or deep cuts that will spur to play another song or if I leave that genre completely and go into another genre again one song sometimes two songs sometimes three. Most times one. And then it locks up you actually see to the right that there is an audio signal coming in but there's nothing coming through . I have tried a new gateway and new
cable box I've deleted my Apple my phone reinstalled that cleared my cache cleared my data make sure there's no throttling on my app. Wasted a lot of time this weekend to no avail. It's an LG um7300. No codes just locks up like all the rest of the people I wonder if this is only through Xfinity with Pandora. I'm thinking it is. So I don't know who's in it's on but it's been I'd say almost 2 weeks now. Thank you

Yes same here about 2 weeks now.I've tried it all. I think at this point it's on Pandora or Xfinity to take care of it. Hopefully a human being looks at these and comes up with a solution there's definitely something
going on past few weeks I gave up. I'm listening to music choice!!

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Ltsakids
Underground
Agree!  I also pay!
0 Kudos

steverizz
Underground

There are 75  people following this with the same problem.  Can we get an update?  Please advise.  Might have to find another music streaming service??

nangil
Underground

It is NOT just Xfinity. I do not have Xfinity and my pandora app on my Samsung tv has not worked correctly for almost a week now. It looks like the song is playing but the timer shows zero and there is no sound. I have done all the recommended troubleshooting tips and none have worked. Again: not just an Xfinity issue. 

0 Kudos

TMaz
Local Performer
If you're an Xfinity customer you can get the music choice downloaded at
the app store or play store. and the music is commercial free and guess
what I like the mix of music.
0 Kudos

Ltsakids
Underground

I have several tvs.  Samsung, vizio, sansui.  It works on none of them. Up until a few weeks ago it worked on all of them.  It's not a TV problem. and it's not an xfinity problem.  When I open pandora there is no error message. It may or may  not play one song or half a song before it freezes.  Then the sound bar looks like its playing but there isn't any sound  I can move the mouse around and click pass or dislike but the next song is the same.  As you can see I am not the only one having this problem.  So doubtful it is the tv or tvs in my case.  It plays on any other platform.  My computer, my phone, my alexa, my car.  Unfortuntely my tv is where I use it the most.  I like to leave it on for the animals when I leave the house.

Agree!  I also pay!

I'm not calling xfinity their tech support is terrible.  And I don't believe it's their problem.  I'll just listen to music elsewhere if it comes to that.

Good to know.  I didn't think it was an Xfinity problem..

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

kslove
Local Performer

Having the same problem. For days Pandora will only play sound on a few songs on Xfinity app. 

0 Kudos

zeldahof
Underground

I have, at great length, spoken to Xfinity techs and it is not their problem, All tests, etc.. were performed, and everything is working as supposed to. I have spoken to my TV manufacture as well and after checking all connections, software etc..They have assured me it's a Pandora issue. I have listened to Pandora on my TV for years with NOT one thing going wrong.

The same Pandora will play all day on my iMac. ????

0 Kudos

TMaz
Local Performer
Ok now we are getting somewhere!!
0 Kudos

starone00
Local Performer

How the heck is "passed along to the engineering team" a "solution"?  The problem is not solved.  And I have a question for the engineering team... How hard is it to develop an app that streams one song at a time and has like, dislike, skip, and restart buttons?  What the heck!?  You can follow an iOS tutorial and create an app like this in an hour.  I understand there are millions of users... that's an infrastructure problem, and one that has been solved by many others.  How can someone let change rollout that causes such a simple app not to function?

Can we please have some update from "engineering" on this issue?  

stanross
Local Performer

pandora stalls after some songs on samsung tv app and xfinity app on samsung tv model QN50Q80 If I skip song to next song or two it starts playing again

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (07.15.24): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for sharing details about your experience. Our moderation team has shared all reports from this thread with our tech team as they're currently investigating this issue. Once we have an update to share, it will be posted here

If you haven't shared your device information already, please be sure to include what device you're using. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Note: This post has been marked as the Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. The moderation team will update the post with more details information as it is provided. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.02.24)
0 Kudos

RC869AOL
Local Performer

Hi- 

As some people have said that theirs does the same thing......if you skip a song or two ahead it might start playing again and does then freeze for 30 seconds between songs....however after 10 minutes of playing, it freezes altogether again.

0 Kudos

cpg1959
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, SonyTV, deleted cache, no luck and no response from Pandora. I will cancel my subscription and switch to Amazon Music, since I am a prime member.  Get your act together Pandora! I have been a subscriber for three years, but NO more.

0 Kudos

Belargent
Local Performer

Same issue for about a week now. On two different devices and networks. Seems to be Pandora issue. Would be nice to get a fix. Using other services for now.

Pandora app on Samsung over Xfinity cable internet

Pandora app on iOS, iPhone 13, over ATT cellular network

0 Kudos

Nmr1471
Local Performer

Same issues since about a week ago. Sometimes 1 song (or none or two) then silence Xfinity using Pandora app on Vizio TV. Timer frozen but playing bars active/bouncing (to right of My Station). Pandora works fine on all other devices.

0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground

same problem… been hood switching to Apple and this is making decision easy… just need refund 

0 Kudos

Morrigahn
Local Performer

Same issue, Samsung TV, Xfinity internet. Song length is 0:00. Same song plays fine on my desktop PC & Samsung phone. Paid customer considering alternative music providers.

0 Kudos

Rpemoller
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  Need a fix.

0 Kudos

pmckernan9
Local Performer

I spent 2 hours with Comcast on this issue. Net result is Comcast acknowledges Pandora accessed through their cable box is an issue and they are working on it.  Agent agreed to credit me Comcast costs since the problem started (5 days ago) and not charge me until the problem is resolved.  We'll see if it actually goes down that way.  My suggestion - folks contact Comcast and since it is a known bug, insist on credit / no charge until the problem is resolved.  More people that call, the more likely Comcast will focus on resolving the issue.  Good luck.

0 Kudos