cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Roku Devices: Now Playing loads station name, but no music plays

Dragnlance
Local Performer

So, a few days ago, Pandora on my Roku TV started acting up. No other channels have a problem. What happens is that songs will not play. It sits there with the play counter at the bottom of the screen stuck at 00:00. You can highlight the pause/play button on the screen and click the ok button on the remote, you get the acknowledgment sound, but nothing happens. If just leave it, it eventually switches to the next song which may or may not play. Usually the 3rd song plays, but not always. Same thing happens if choose to skip the song, the 3rd one will sometimes play. The caveat is that you are only allow to skip a limited number of times, then it tells you that you must pay a subscription fee to skip more. As I have been typing this, I am am on the 3rd song that did not play. Amazingly, every last commercial plays. Not once has this blank-out affected them. Funny thing, that.

So, I have removed and added the channel three times. I have unplugged the cable modem and router to reset. I have unplugged the TV for a full minute, 2 times. (Note: 4th song did not play while typing this, I decided to skip, which then brought up the commercials which played perfectly, but give you no option to skip, and now the 5th song has come up and is playing normally)

I should not have to babysit the channel just to be able to listen to music, and I shouldn’t have to pay a subscription because I have to keep having to skip songs to find one that will play. Any ideas how to fix this?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi all!

Thanks for posting! Sounds like Roku loads but won't play music has been resolved as around 1/6/23. As far as I know there have been no changes on our end.

I've let our engineering team know that you're able to listen again on your Roku. I'll consider this thread resolved.

If in the future you have a similar issue, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Jroose
Local Performer

Having the same issue on all of smart tvs, no issues with Android phones on the same network. 

All was good until 30Dec2022.  

YouTube is our music app now. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dragnlance! Sounds like you've done some extensive troubleshooting.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Could you tell me more about your Roku device?

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dragnlance
Local Performer
Hi Tanner,This is a TCL tv, model 43s425, s/n  x00000uvjr1nPandora version 5.5 build 4. 
As noted by another user, it seems to be smart tvs that were affected. I am wondering if an update was pushed down on 12-30-22, since started this very suddenly on that date.Thank you for looking into thisLance

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
0 Kudos

Jroose
Local Performer
  • What is the model? TCL 32S335
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About) YK00EM440443
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About) 11.5.0 BUILD 4312-48
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.) VERSION 5.5 BUILD 4

++

Another TV with the same problem. 

• What is the model? Hisense 55R6+
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About) X0010000JV97
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About) 11.5.0 BUILD 4312-94
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.) VERSION 5.5 BUILD 4

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Dragnlance
Local Performer

I have been carefully monitoring this. I can say that since Wednesday evening, the problem has been resolved. Two full days now, and have not had to skip songs to find one that would play. Thank you! 
I would like to know what the problem was and how it was fixed.

Not sure how to mark this thread resolved 

0 Kudos

Jroose
Local Performer

Ours is now working like it did before 30 Dec 2022.  

I'd like to know what resolved the issues as well.  

0 Kudos

Callobg7
Local Performer

I don't know how, but my Roku stick was doing the same thing today.

I ended up going to the settings on the Ruku (settings, theme, screensaver start time, then, click on disable screensaver.) It was set to 1 minute. I never enabled screensaver. ♂️

Pandora continuous play is working again. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Callobg7 Sounds like the Roku screensaver may have been stopping playback. I've seen numerous reports around this and have reported the feedback to our engineering team. Thanks for letting us know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all!

Thanks for posting! Sounds like Roku loads but won't play music has been resolved as around 1/6/23. As far as I know there have been no changes on our end.

I've let our engineering team know that you're able to listen again on your Roku. I'll consider this thread resolved.

If in the future you have a similar issue, please create a new post and reference this thread.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos