cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Roku: Playback Stops

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 1/18/23:

Good news! We believe the issue with playback stopping on Roku has been resolved. This fix was released on Roku's side and should be available to all users now.

No additional steps are necessary to receive this update, however, if you continue to have trouble, it may be helpful to run through some Roku troubleshooting steps once more.

Since we believe this to be resolved, this thread will be closed to future comments. If you run into this issue again, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: 1/13/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experiencing with playback stopping on your Roku devices. Our engineering team is aware and currently investigating. Everyone who has posted so far has been added to our ticket.

We've also received reports from listeners that say playback stops when the screensaver is activated on their Roku. Some listeners mention that the screensaver is enabled but doesn't activate when playback stops.

Please try disabling this screensaver on your Roku to see if this helps. You can use the following steps to disable the screensaver.

From the Roku Settings > Theme > Additional settings > Screensaver start time > Disable screensaver.

Thanks for trying that out!

Updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available to the community team. Thank you for continued patience.

If you're new to this thread and would like to be added, please post the following info in your message:

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
63 Replies

Quig1208
Local Performer

Did as they suggested and nothing changed

0 Kudos

Acox66
Local Performer

I was having the same issue as everyone on here, and I finally figured out if you disabled screen saver Pandora will play normally automatically going to the next song.

0 Kudos

Acox66
Local Performer

Well that didn't last long, disregard above post. 😒

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Acox66 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

• Try rebooting your modem and router, then restarting the Roku player. 
  • Try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi, if the option is available for your model. 

If you are still having trouble, please try using the steps in the following link to update your Roku software: https://support.roku.com/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Finally, try deleting the Pandora channel from My Channels, and try re-adding it from the Channel Store. (You can find the Remove channel option by pressing the * key on your remote while the Pandora channel is highlighted on the home screen.) 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

George80
Local Performer

This is on our Sony tv using a Roku streaming service 4K. no error messages. just plays one song and stops

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@George80 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Roku - Playback Stops After Every Song

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

sailin
Local Performer

My Roku is playing only one song at a time. It seems lots of people are having the same issue. I will have to switch to spotify if this can't be addressed?

0 Kudos

arath
Local Performer

I've had this same problem. I reset the network connection and thus far, 3 songs in a row w/o issue. Fingers crossed it continues. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos

jcoldster
Local Performer

Has anyone noticed long intervals between songs playing lately?  I listen on my TCL Tv most of the day and lately music stops playing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled app and even restarted my tv and network to no avail.  Anybody know whats going on?

PVN
Local Performer

I am having the same issue as many here. Have already done all the standard troubleshooting. i generally believed the issue to be a hard stop to the playing but realized at least one time that it started again after a very long pause.  This issue appears to have existed for months. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos

Gooch
Underground

Same issue here on Roku.

I ***might*** have just fixed it by shotgunning the screensaver and wallpaper settings. I turned the screensaver off and went to a different wallpaper (choose on old one you recognize; I suspect the winter one might be causing the problem).  Also, disable the features that automatically give you new wallpapers/screensavers.

Go to “Theme” to find these settings.

EDIT: I just turned the screensaver back on and the problem returned.  So I’ll leave it off (useless anyway).

0 Kudos

Gooch
Underground

Yes; I always think it’s my kid downloading a huge file from the Internet!  Perhaps not.

0 Kudos

UpperNW
Underground

I have the same problem on all of my Roku devices: TCL, Ultra, Roku 4. It started after the latest update of Pandora on Roku. I also use my Google Home system to stream Pandora to a Sony 1080 and it works fine. I feel its the latest Pandora update on Roku.

0 Kudos

Gooch
Underground

Something else I noticed. Before I had this problem, the screensaver that would come on with Pandora running after a minute or two would essentially be a moving representation of the artist/album/song information for the song currently playing. When the problem started happening, I noticed it was the Roku screensaver that was appearing.

BTW still no issues with the screensaver OFF.

0 Kudos

UpperNW
Underground

Is there any way to walk back the latest Pandora update? As mentioned, I saw it happen after each of my Roku devices updated. If it's the update as i believe, deleting and reinstalling the app will do no good as you will be installing the same version.

I just tried Pandora on a Roku 3 that I rarely use and hasn't been updated. It worked as it is supposed to. Listened to Def Leppard and at the finish, it went straight on to the next song with no pause.

Please update the Roku app or roll it back.

MelaSteve
Underground

Having the problem with my Roku TV.

...went through all of the steps and then some...  restarted my gateway/router, removed Pandora, re-started my tv via the settings menu, made sure my Roku OS was up to date, verified that the installed version of Pandora was the most recent.

...all of my problems started after the most recent update.

0 Kudos

Gooch
Underground

Disable the Roku screensaver under settings / theme.

0 Kudos

Digivon
Underground

Now I'm having this issue, it just started today. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps listed above, and it still keeps stopping. I'm getting ready to throw this thing in the trash and buy some other device, I don't have time for this **ahem**. **ahem** 

0 Kudos

Gooch
Underground

Did you try disabling the screensaver?

0 Kudos

Digivon
Underground

I tried disabling the Roku screensaver and Pandora plays without stopping, but the Pandora screensaver still doesn't activate. I'm concerned about burn-in. And that also means there's no screensaver for Roku if it's on the home screen.

0 Kudos