cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Roku: Playback Stops

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 1/18/23:

Good news! We believe the issue with playback stopping on Roku has been resolved. This fix was released on Roku's side and should be available to all users now.

No additional steps are necessary to receive this update, however, if you continue to have trouble, it may be helpful to run through some Roku troubleshooting steps once more.

Since we believe this to be resolved, this thread will be closed to future comments. If you run into this issue again, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: 1/13/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experiencing with playback stopping on your Roku devices. Our engineering team is aware and currently investigating. Everyone who has posted so far has been added to our ticket.

We've also received reports from listeners that say playback stops when the screensaver is activated on their Roku. Some listeners mention that the screensaver is enabled but doesn't activate when playback stops.

Please try disabling this screensaver on your Roku to see if this helps. You can use the following steps to disable the screensaver.

From the Roku Settings > Theme > Additional settings > Screensaver start time > Disable screensaver.

Thanks for trying that out!

Updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available to the community team. Thank you for continued patience.

If you're new to this thread and would like to be added, please post the following info in your message:

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
63 Replies

Coopercat
Local Performer

HI -- I use Pandora through my Roku device on my television.  The last 3 days no matter which station I play about 2 or 3 songs in the music stops near the end of the song (with about 7 seconds left) and does not progress or move onto the next song.  I will try a different station with the same results.  Tried logging in and out of the app and nothing seems to help.

temtioneys
Local Performer

Mine stops after one song on all my Roku device

0 Kudos

GBPlusPCRepair
Local Performer

Same issue with me....I tried to update the Roku player, remove/ re-add the app, even reset the modem/ router.....though that has zero to do with this issue. Spotify seems to work perfectly!

That's great that you fixed it temporarily, but I like the screen saver option? 

This needs to be fixed!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 1/18/23:

Good news! We believe the issue with playback stopping on Roku has been resolved. This fix was released on Roku's side and should be available to all users now.

No additional steps are necessary to receive this update, however, if you continue to have trouble, it may be helpful to run through some Roku troubleshooting steps, once more.

Since we believe this to be resolved, this thread will be closed to future comments. If you run into this issue again, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update 1/10/23:

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience to community - sorry for any trouble listening to Pandora with Roku

Our engineering team is aware and investigating. I've gone ahead and added everyone in this thread to our ticket.

In the meantime, you can disable the screensaver on your Roku device with the following steps.

From the Roku Settings > Theme > Additional settings > Screensaver start time > Disable screensaver.

We'll keep you posted with updates as they are made available to the community team. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

If you're new to this thread, and would like to be added to our report feel free to post.

Note, this thread is for user who are experiencing playback stopping when the screensaver on Roku is activated.

In your post, please include the include the following:

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos