cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Sonos: Playback stops with loss of connection error message

brianlaswann
Underground

I can't get Pandora to keep playing on my Sonos system for more than one or two songs. At that point, on my Sonos iPhone app, it tells me "Unable to connect to Pandora" or "Pandora is unavailable." The other services, like Apple Music, seem to work fine, but Pandora is my bread and butter, so yeah. I've re-authorized Pandora with Sonos a couple of times, to no avail. This started like three or four days ago. It's happened before, but re-authorizing has fixed it before. All of my apps/systems are up to date.

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 1/10/23:

We believe this connection error with Sonos to be resolved. If you continue to have trouble with a loss of connection on your Sonos, please create a new post and reference this post in your message.

I'll be closing this thread out to future replies. Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: Troubleshooting steps

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience with Sonos - sorry to for any trouble.

I'd like to report this to our engineering team. Could you tell me more about how you connect to your Sonos?

• Are you using the Pandora app or the Sonos Controller app?
  • If you are using the Sonos Controller app, are you streaming from your mobile device or from a computer?
  • If you're streaming from a mobile device, are you using the S1 or S2 app?

I also recommend submitting a diagnostic to Sonos with the steps outlined here.

Then write back with the confirmation number you received.

Additionally, if you're able to include a screenshot or picture of the error messages you see, I'd like to include it in the report.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

tmailander
Local Performer

I have the same problem with Pandora added to my Sonos account.

cgrossmeier
Local Performer

Similar issue… I see connection timeouts for multiple songs and eventually the Sonos simply stops playing a station.

It appears to be Pandora connection/buffering issue with their content serves.  It’s been happening since Christmas (12/25/2022) for me.

alchiodi
Local Performer

Im having problems recently with connection lost on Pandora via Sonos

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 1/10/23:

We believe this connection error with Sonos to be resolved. If you continue to have trouble with a loss of connection on your Sonos, please create a new post and reference this post in your message.

I'll be closing this thread out to future replies. Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: Troubleshooting steps

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience with Sonos - sorry to for any trouble.

I'd like to report this to our engineering team. Could you tell me more about how you connect to your Sonos?

• If you are using the Sonos Controller app, are you streaming from your mobile device or from a computer?

I also recommend submitting a diagnostic to Sonos with the steps outlined here.

Additionally, if you're able to include a screenshot or picture of the error messages you see, I'd like to include it in the report.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MusicFan43492
Local Performer

icredclover, did you ever get a resolution to your problem? I am experiencing the same thing. Are you using Sonos to access Pandora (which is what I am doing)? Please let me know if you are learning anything.

0 Kudos

brianlaswann
Underground

Hi Tanner.

I run Pandora off the Sonos mobile app, which is the S2 app, all up to date. In addition to this (I don't know if it's part of the same issue or not, but they started at the same time), the very first song up in the cue when I launch Pandora doesn't play. It looks like it's playing (the pause/play button shows pause). I get an error message on a lost connection, then the next song starts.

Pandora is running fine on its own. I can connect to headphones, etc, and play continues. Similarly, all the other formats I have on Sonos are working fine.

While I'm waiting for the connection to drop, I've now gotten to 4 songs, though one was skipped with the error message that the connection to Pandora was lost. Now I'm on 5 songs played, but 2 (the first and third) songs skipped. 

Oddly enough (I'm sure there's some kind of "law" that covers this), seems to be playing ok tonight.

Diagnostic sent to Sonos 2021352924

Screenshots attached (only one, since Pandora is continuing to stream, but that one would say "Connection to Pandora was lost", if it stops streaming again I'll send itIMG_6257.jpg)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan43492 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Sonos: Playback stops with loss of connection error message

Could you tell me more about how you connect to your Sonos?

I also recommend submitting a diagnostic to Sonos with the steps outlined here.

0 Kudos

brianlaswann
Underground

I did send a diagnostic, and sent the # to Tanner. Literally, within an hour of sending the diagnostic, everything worked perfectly!

thanks!!!

TannerPandora

@brianlaswann Glad to hear everything is working now! Thanks for listening! 🙌

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos