cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku - QuickMix Station

Dan8
Underground

I love your product. I use it every day for many hours on my Roku TV.

I have a couple of questions that I can't find answers to on this site or in the Roku help pages.

It might be my imagination, but it seems like Pandora on my Roku TV is playing a lot of the same songs even though I should be using Shuffle and I have 39 stations.

I have a premium subscription and should have Shuffle turned on. How do I tell on a Roku TV, if it is using Shuffle when it automatically logs in and starts playing. I think it is using Shuffle because it shows my QuickMix in the upper left corner where it would show the station name if I was using one station.

I have also logged in to the website and looked at My Collections and it includes all 39 stations. Does this mean Pandora on Roku TV will use those as well?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Dan8! Thanks for posting to community! Happy to hear that you're enjoy Pandora! ❤️

Sounds like you're using Pandora on Roku pretty often, so it should pick up where you left off. Meaning if you were on your QuickMix station last, it should resume from there again. 

If you've made any changes on another device, like web or mobile, the changes should carry over to Roku automatically. For example, if you made changes to your shuffle selection on web, but don't notice a change on Roku. You may need to select another station and then reselect QuickMix again for the update to take effect. 

If you see QuickMix in the upper left corner, that's what is currently playing, in this case the shuffle station. If you choose another stations, it should update with the name of that station.

If you're hearing repetition, I can recommend some steps that may help:

1. Avoid including stations based on similar artists or songs. Choosing several stations of a similar style will create a repetitive shuffle mix. When selecting stations for shuffle (or when creating any new stations in general) consider selecting artists or tracks that musically contrast. This will yield a broader playlist.
  2. Edit individual stations: In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs up ratings from your shuffled stations to mix things up. If there are any Thumbed up songs you used to love, but have grown tired of, try removing those ratings.

Hope this helped answer your questions. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dan8
Underground

Hi TannerPandora

Thanks for your help. I decided that my problem was the Thumbs up ratings and I am trying to delete them but running into problems.

On my Tablet or cellphone using the Pandora app, I click on My Collection, Van Halen station, Edit. Then I click the X next to several songs. The count of Thumbed up songs at the bottom left of the screen decreases. Then I click Save at the top of the screen. It stays on the same page and for a split second, I see a blue circular arrow flash up in the middle of the screen. But now, since it is still on the same Station, I click the X at the upper left. Now if I click the Edit button again, it still shows the initial number of Thumbs up songs. The ones I deleted are still there.

0 Kudos

Dan8
Underground

Hi TannerPandora,

Never mind. I deleted them on my computer.

Thanks

Dan

TannerPandora

Hey @Dan8! If you continue to have trouble on your mobile or tablet let me know. Sounds like you were able to edit your thumbs on a computer for now. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos